Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Teases MMA Debut, Will Start Training With Woodley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Teases MMA Debut, Will Start Training With Woodley

By Tom Taylor - March 15, 2018

Last week, we learned that UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley had offered to help undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. prepare for his much-discussed move to MMA. Speaking to TMZ this week, Mayweather confirmed that he plans to take Woodley up on this offer.

“I’m going to start soon,” Mayweather said (h/t MMAJunkie). “We’ve been texting back and forth. We talked a couple times, but we’re going to start working out real soon.”

While Woodley suggested he could have Mayweather Octagon-ready with about three months of serious training, Mayweather feels the process could take a little longer.

“I’ll probably need a little bit longer,” Mayweather said. “A little bit longer. Even if it takes six to eight months, whatever it takes, we just want to make sure everything is done correctly, and everything is done the right way.”

Whatever the case, Mayweather already rates his wrestling game quite high. His kicks, however, need some work.

“I can wrestle. My wrestling game is not that bad. On a scale from one to 10, I would say it’s probably a seven. We can take it up to a nine, if possible. Of course my hand game, on a scale of one to 10, it’s 100. The kicking game, on a scale from one to 10, it’s probably a four. We have to tweak a few things to take things to the next level.”

Whatever the case, Mayweather assured his move to MMA is going to happen, and that he’s not taking any MMA fighters lightly.

“Of course, they’re going to present the right numbers and we going to make it happen,” Mayweather said. “I can’t overlook or knock any MMA guy. Tyron is unbelievable – unbelievable fighter, tough competitor. Conor McGregor, he’s a tough competitor, a hell of a fighter. There’s a lot of tough, rugged guys out there in the MMA. I can’t overlook or disrespect those guys.”

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.bjpenn.com/boxing-news/fl...tling-at-7-10/

This Floyd MMA thing looks real. CM Punk then Conor 2- $500 mil total.

Comment

Floyd is going to get rag dolled.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        This Floyd MMA thing looks real. CM Punk then Conor 2- $500 mil total.
        Im thinking its CM punk too. They are throwing some garbage names out there for Punk, like the guy that just lost to the guy he lost too. lol! UFC will want to cash out on Punk, Punk did his job, probably added a few 100 thousand WWE fans.

Comment

Woodley is a very good wrestler, good person to learn from and good way to transition into mma if he's serious about this

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Floyd is going to get rag dolled.
            Imagine if he gets caught in a hold and shits his pants. hahahah

Comment

Let's be real, CM Punk would beat the **** out of Floyd. Lol

Comment

such a sad old man hes not short of a few quid, the only reason hes doing it is to get some attention. and you all laughed at me when i said that mcgregor wouldnt be his last fight. dont be shocked if mayweather does a roy jones and keeps on fighting, hes got nothing else in his life.

Comment

he must be talking about his wrestling skills from wwe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Imagine if he gets caught in a hold and shits his pants. hahahah
                    For some reason, I see him getting kicked in the head lol

Why is he doing this? He's like 40

Comment

Working...
                    X