Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Showtime's Highest-Rated Fight Since Wilder-Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Showtime's Highest-Rated Fight Since Wilder-Stiverne

Not since Deontay Wilder won the WBC heavyweight title from Bermane Stiverne have as many viewers watched a boxing match on Showtime as they did Saturday night. According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, Wilder's compelling comeback victory over Luis Ortiz drew a peak audience of 1.2 million viewers and averaged 1.1 viewers. That was Showtime's largest viewership since Wilder's unanimous-decision defeat of Stiverne attracted a peak audience of 1.34 million viewers and an average viewership of 1.24 million in January 2015.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Showtime's Highest-Rated Fight Since Wilder-Stiverne

Not since Deontay Wilder won the WBC heavyweight title from Bermane Stiverne have as many viewers watched a boxing match on Showtime as they did Saturday night. According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, Wilder's compelling comeback victory over Luis Ortiz drew a peak audience of 1.2 million viewers and averaged 1.1 viewers. That was Showtime's largest viewership since Wilder's unanimous-decision defeat of Stiverne attracted a peak audience of 1.34 million viewers and an average viewership of 1.24 million in January 2015.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Great fight. I honestly believe Golovkin is the only fighter who could take Wilders power and beat him. Would be interesting to see Gennady bulk up and make a run at HW.

Comment

Golovkin knocked the socks off Wade and drew 1.4 million viewers.

Cashcow

Comment

Those are really good numbers especially going head to head vs hbo. Most people probably dvr’d hbo To watch this card life but I’m sure this number would have equalized Wilder-Stiverne if it wasn’t head to head

Comment

It was a good aśs card too. Wilder starting to draw some good numbers.

Comment

Wilder is trending in the right direction!

Comment

Great numbers for Showtime.

Comment

Pacquiao-Horn peaked at 4.4 million viewers. Plus this fight was not on PPV. Let's not act like this was a global event or something hahah. Wilder, if you really want the AJ fight, take the lower % and win. Then you can write your own check. Especially if "it's not about the money" as you keep saying.

Comment

I just want to add that this does not include Showtime app views. I was watching both cards. HBO on TV and Wilder v. Ortiz on my phone. (My brother in another state was too).

And people wonder why Espinoza got a promotion? Lol

Wilder is ready for the PPV money now. Let's not forget the attendance was 14,069 people. Second highest in the history of boxing at Barclays Center.

He got the juice now lol

Comment

Working...
                    X