• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repsa View Post
    Video blocked here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7-uIKyavxE

Comment

Man, it's insane in this day and age to think that boxing at one point didn't have the neutral corner rule after a knockdown. It would seem to make sense if the ref stops to count during a knockdown to give him not only time, but space to recover. But, then again, they didn't even wear gloves or mouthpieces at first until enough guys were getting swollen/broken hands and losing teeth to where someone finally said maybe some changes need to be made here.

Comment

Boxing Fans Where Videos Blocked

Originally posted by repsa View Post
        Video blocked here
        Give me your personal email i will send it to you
        As long as its not made available to the general public in your country But only just for personal private viewing it shouldn't be blocked
        Last edited by jack p; 07-09-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Man, it's insane in this day and age to think that boxing at one point didn't have the neutral corner rule after a knockdown. It would seem to make sense if the ref stops to count during a knockdown to give him not only time, but space to recover. But, then again, they didn't even wear gloves or mouthpieces at first until enough guys were getting swollen/broken hands and losing teeth to where someone finally said maybe some changes need to be made here.
          Dempsey's the reason a lot of those rules were enacted.
          His disregard and violation of those rules in such high profile fights. It became aware that there needed to be code of fair play applied in any fight taking place
          under the MOQBR.

It wasn't that guys were getting swollen/broken hands and losing teeth to where someone finally said maybe some changes need to be made here.
          It was the fact that Prize Fighting was outlawed but gloved exhibitions were in many places legal;

Gloves allowed it to flourish by keeping it legal. And the preference of using gloves over bare fists by John L Sullivan.
          The great Sullivan KO tour 1884-85 which was done on a scale, that was far beyond anything done previously.Was only possible through the use of gloves.

Gloves gave boxing mainstream acceptance and legitimacy
          Last edited by jack p; 07-10-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Yes, but it was also found to be much safer for a fighter's hands, allowing more punches to be thrown per round. Even mixed fights had their own gloves, which allowed not only protecting of hands, but fingers exposed and more flexibility to allow grappling to still be comfortable to do, which is why I was also surprised when it took so long for gloves to be mandatory in MMA as well. I could see early on why though, since the Gracies didn't want any excuses to be made, not even allowing kicks if a fighter was wearing shoes, unless they were light enough in some of the later cards, before outlawing them entirely as well, to avoid any future confusion. You'd think they would've learned from boxing though, especially with the first ever UFC fight ending with a broken hand and cut foot and that was to the winner, after only throwing one kick and one punch in the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              "This video contains content from CBS, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
              same here

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                same here
                Check my post at the top of the page.

Comment

Reznick created a highlights vid from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb6VZBl_xak

Comment

Beautiful photos!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for posting! One of my top 5 fav fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X