Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxers today are better than boxers in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      These guys can't even get rocked or dropped without people calling them bums, but will these same people hold the past HW's to the same standards? Let's examine some of the past HW's and their struggles.

-Tyson, 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman Douglas
      -Lewis , 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman McCall
      -Ali, 3 years pro, dropped hard by 188lb journeyman Cooper
      -Holyfield, 2 years pro, close split decision win over 5'5 Qawi
      -Louis, 5 years pro, dropped by obese 5'9 journeyman Galento
      -Frazier, 1 year pro, close SD to journeyman Bonavena
      -Foreman, 8 years pro, lost UD to journeyman Jimmy Young

Just a couple of examples. In B4 "Heavies were better back then!" even though many of these journeyman were losing to other journeyman/part time boxers the size of modern day cruisers. What will the excuses be?

When Wilder gets momentarily rocked by a dominant undefeated 6'4 240lb southpaw champion with a 90% KO ratio he's a bum.

When AJ with a mere 3 years pro experience accidentally punches himself out then gets dropped by 30 year veteran 6'6 240lb Klitschko he's a bum even though he recovers to dominate him.
      Ali was dropped hard by Sonny Banks in his 11th fight.

Still widely regarded as having one of the best chins ever in the heavyweight division.

Comment

I agree to an extent.

Some people who dont watch enough old timers write them off completely.

Some who watch some old timer boxing overrate them.

Joshua and Wilder are nust now coming into their prime. Forget their age, they are developong fighters with probably another 5-10 years in their prime coming up.

Watch most of the greats pre prime and there are holes all over the place.

However, these greats we are talking about dont get judged on how they looked coming through. They fought the absolute best opponents they could, at the time they were supposed to fight them, often over an extended period. There is a long way to go for AJ and Wilder before we can compare them to that tier of fighters

Comment

Originally posted by cutthroat View Post
          these guys can't even get rocked or dropped without people calling them bums, but will these same people hold the past hw's to the same standards? Let's examine some of the past hw's and their struggles.

-tyson, 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman douglas
          -lewis , 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman mccall
          -ali, 3 years pro, dropped hard by 188lb journeyman cooper
          -holyfield, 2 years pro, close split decision win over 5'5 qawi
          -louis, 5 years pro, dropped by obese 5'9 journeyman galento
          -frazier, 1 year pro, close sd to journeyman bonavena
          -foreman, 8 years pro, lost ud to journeyman jimmy young

just a couple of examples. In b4 "heavies were better back then!" even though many of these journeyman were losing to other journeyman/part time boxers the size of modern day cruisers. What will the excuses be?

When wilder gets momentarily rocked by a dominant undefeated 6'4 240lb southpaw champion with a 90% ko ratio he's a bum.

When aj with a mere 3 years pro experience accidentally punches himself out then gets dropped by 30 year veteran 6'6 240lb klitschko he's a bum even though he recovers to dominate him.
          😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Its hard to stay undefeated at any point at HW .

Klitchko and Louis lost to far inferior fighters in their 24 or 25th fight .......

The opposition that Joshua has fought smokes any past HW in 20 fights without remotely close too losing outside Klitchko .

Ali himself has questionable wins even before the Cooper fight .

Liston had already lost within 10 fights .

Lewis dropped the ball in his 26th fight or around there .

The fights we want dont get made fast bc OF the terrible boxing fanbase of using losses against the fighters ...

Sorry you guys suck ....lol ......man do i miss the 90's when the fans actually wanted to see everyone fight , which is why we ALMOST saw all the possible matches (barring Bowe vs Lewis ) at least we are getting Joshua vs Wilder and their still crying ..lol....
            “The opposition AJ has fought smokes any past HW in 20 fights”🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
            🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ali beat Archie Moore and dominated Sonny Liston inside his first 20 fights. Learn your history son.

“I fought Yuri Vaulin doe”😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
            “I was trained by Bill Sharkey doe”🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
            “I went 5-0 in one night doe”😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              “The opposition AJ has fought smokes any past HW in 20 fights”🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
              🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ali beat Archie Moore and dominated Sonny Liston inside his first 20 fights. Learn your history son.

“I fought Yuri Vaulin doe”😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
              “I was trained by Bill Sharkey doe”🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
              “I went 5-0 in one night doe”😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
              You mad ....... BRO ?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Holyfield fought Qawi at the Cruiserweight limit of 190 pounds and Qawi was taller than 5 foot 5 inches. They threw well over 1000 punches each in a great fight. Could either Wilder or AJ fight at that pace? I doubt it.
                I wouldn’t waste your time on this ignorant idiot bro, he’s calling former HW champion’s “journeymen”🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                That’s says it all about his understanding of this sport...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  You mad ....... BRO ?
                  Are you WRONG AGAIN BRO?????????😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                    Let's wait for them to first finish their careers before we form any reasonable comparison. Otherwise, we'll be speaking a little too soon / early.
                    well.....

to be honest no one is calling them the next fighter of the decade

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Are you WRONG AGAIN BRO?????????😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
                      Nope ...Joshua will have 3/4 belts ....2 unification fights , fought numerous top 10 ranked guys and has already added a ATG to his resume and done all this since 2016 in what will soon be 21 fights .......

Does this make you mad __________________ BRO ?

Comment

Working...
                      X