Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you managed or promoted Joshua what would be his next 3 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miller, whyte, and fury. i would stay far away from wilder he's amazing!

Comment

After Parker (assuming win):

I would strictly build up a Wilder vs AJ fight. What would need to happen:

-AJ fights in the U.S. against an American opponent: only options I see are Miller and Adam Kownacki. Kownacki because he is undefeated and has a common opponent with Wilder. Miller because he seems to be drawing attention to himself with his vocal mouth.
      This fight would give me a good idea if AJ vs Wilder could even be a reasonable fight in the U.S. More than likely, no, but we would still attempt to gain American viewers for the inevitable bout against Wilder.

-Wilder fights in the U.K. against a popular British name. Whyte is the most obvious choice. Combine AJ mania with the threat of Wilder (assuming he beats Whyte), would make the public demand harder for AJ vs Wilder and create a superfight in the U.K.

So at this point, here is where we are in the timeline:

-AJ has beaten Miller and/or Kownacki in the U.S.
      *More than likely, it would not be super popular but at least there is some exposure. Too bad it's not on free television like PBC or ESPN. That would be the most ideal scenario if I was looking for exposure (although I'm sure there is more financial incentives offered by Showtime).
      -Wilder has beaten Whyte in the U.K.
      *Great way to build up Wilder, because Whyte is a relatively popular name in the U.K.

At this point, I could setup the fight, or repeat the above. Joshua fights another American name in the U.S. (Miller or Kownacki). Wilder fights in the U.K. or U.S. (although I would prefer if I did two fights before the mega fight, that Wilder fights Whyte in the second fight).

TLDR;
      Anthony Joshua
      1) Miller or Kownacki in the U.S.
      2) Miller or Kownacki in the U.S.
      3) Wilder in the U.K. (unless by some miracle viewer ratings turn out as really impressive for AJ's showings in the U.S.

Wilder
      1) Someone
      2) Whyte
      3) AJ

Remove #1 for both if I match AJ against Wilder up in the second fight, instead of three. Most ideal scenario, is we get that UK and US PPV money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Miller in NY
        Wilder in NY or Vegas
        Povetkin or some other mandatory in UK
        this is reasonable as well

Comment

If he beat parker then..

id make wilder in the summer

Comeback from being ko'd vs whyte

Fury summer 2019

Comment

Povetkin, Wilder, Fury

Conquer Russia, US, and then back home. I'd let Fury know the sequence, to get it together by then.
            Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 03-20-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

David Haye - Wembley - end July/Aug
              assuming he beats bellew - a big payday and probably last opportunity for this to happen before Haye retires

Miller - New York - nov/Dec
              Ability to build up fight in America before the unification with wilder, planned for winter when stadium fights not an option in uk anyway

Fury - end April - Wembley
              Would be another huge fight and hopefully by hen fury has had a couple of fights himself and built this up.

This would leave for remainder of 2019 the Wilder fight (or double match) and then others such as Whyte2, Pulev, Potvetkin, Charr (if mandated) and probably others upcoming - maybe even Joyce would become an option by then?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                1. wilder
                2. physical and mental recovery from getting ktfo
                3. comeback fight to rebuild his psyche
                Do you think he would blow up like fury? Or would he do the Andre Ward /Floyd "retirement"...go to Abu Dhabi and come back as a Dorian Yates style 350 pounder?

Comment

Mike Tyson
                  Lennox Lewis
                  Floyd Mayweather
                  Retire

Comment

For Joshua:

Summer 2018 - Povetkin

November/December 2018 - Miller

March/April 2019 - Wilder

For Wilder:

Summer 2018 - Breazeale

November/December 2018 - Whyte

March/April 2019 - Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                      Povetkin, Wilder, Fury

Conquer Russia, US, and then back home. I'd let Fury know the sequence, to get it together by then.
                      I change this to Miller Wilder Fury. Povetkin waited for forever to fight a Klitschko and then he lost. Give Baby Boy a shot and Joshua needs exposure in the States to build up the Wilder fight, not in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X