No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe vs Wilder?

In his prime if he went up like Bellew, but in better shape. Could he slap wilder or would he slow down at hw.

Only posting as I think some silly gooses here would give Joe a chance. ��

calzaghe one punch ko's him

Comment

LOL Wilder only gets beat by heavyweights with chins that can box and move

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        LOL Wilder only gets beat by heavyweights with chins that can box and move
        Luis ortiz notwithstanding...

Comment

All I get from this is Brits are the biggest fan boys known to mankind

Comment

He'd get sparked in a round.

Joe Calzaghe might have had half a chance against someone like John Ruiz or Sam Peter, Del Chisora, or anyone around the 6'0 mark with who weren't exceptional boxers. I know Peter could punch a bit but he was terrible in some fights.. Calzaghe couldn't punch at the end but Joe probably walked around close to heavyweight. I don't think he'd be thrown around like a $10 hooker.

The windmill attack would put Joe away early doors.

Comment

Is that a serious thread?

Comment

Wilder would easily win by KO in my opinion. There is just too much difference in size and punching power. Joe doesn't have the punching power to keep Wilder off of him. Wilder could charge after him with no fear of getting hurt. Joe would land a lot more punches than Wilder but one good power punch from Wilder that lands clean end the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

. Calzaghe couldn't punch at the end
                  I don't have anything to offer on the topic of the thread, but it's interesting that Joe's remembered - particularly by American fans - as a non-puncher because of his hand problems. Prior to the hand injuries he was actually a big puncher and had serious power in his left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
                    I don't have anything to offer on the topic of the thread, but it's interesting that Joe's remembered - particularly by American fans - as a non-puncher because of his hand problems. Prior to the hand injuries he was actually a big puncher and had serious power in his left hand.
                    Plus he was slicker than anyone Deontay Wilder fought, hypothetically if they were both the same size it is obvious to me that Calzaghe would take him to school, Wilder wouldn't be able to catch what was not in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X