Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video games, not guns, to blame for school shooting, says Kentucky gov.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I’m pretty sure he would have found a way..

Bombs, plowing thru a crowd with a car, knives, etc. if you are that demented to do a spree shooting, then I’m sure you would find a way if guns weren’t around

Its a cop out to blame guns..

“Let’s blame inanimate objects for people’s behavior”
    I’m not blaming the inanimate object. I’m simply stating that were said inanimate object unavailable, it could not be used.

Now, you’ve countered with the reasonable argument that he would have changed his methodology. I’d go as far as to say that it’s possible. Perhaps as we learn more about this little prick, we could lean towards ‘probable’. And yes, that brings into a wider debate about mental health care and other preventive measures as well as societal norms, but I’ll keep things narrow for now.

Bombs. They require the availability and purchase of specific materials, knowledge of assembly, and successful detonation. In short, planning and a degree of expertise. Guns are available and require picking up.

Cars. Pretty good way of killing a whole bunch of people if you do it right. Problem is, to achieve the same level of lethality of a gun you have to find a crowd of people next to a road and crash the very weapon you’re using, risking damage to yourself and a malfunction of your weapon. A car is considerably easier to dodge than a bullet. A gun you can just take ****ing anywhere. Where we’re going we don’t need any roads....

Knives. Great for: killing one person at a time, relatively slowly unless you’re a ninja. Not so good for: mowing down swathes of innocent highschoolers in a matter of minutes.

Look, no-one is suggesting that gun control/abolition is a cure-all. And because y’all are a bunch of dickheads, it’s as much of a cultural problem as it is anything else. But it is undeniable, incontrovertible and factual that mass shootings occur at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher rate in the US than in any other first world country. And you can bury your head in the sand and blame individuals rather than look at it as an ingrained societal issue if you want. But all that means is that these kinds of atrocities will happen over and over and over again ad infinitum.

Comment

Working...
    X