Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For : Daniel Dubois - future heavyweight Champion ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For : Daniel Dubois - future heavyweight Champion ?

Hi Guys, what do you think about Daniel Dubois ? He is a tall and massive at 19, looks like AJ younger brother, I think it is a matter of time, that he will be champion one day. Do not forget he is still kid and needs to improve a lot.

I watched some videos of him last week. Seems hard-working, down to Earth and talented. I don't know why Frank Warren is pushing him so much when he's only 19. Putting him in the spotlight now is only going to bring pressure for him to challenge at the top end of the division within a couple of years and it's totally unnecessary. Let him build experience while he matures physically and mentally and we might end up with a quality heavyweight. I'm concerned he's going to get thrown in with a top name at the age of 21 or 22 and take a loss he doesn't need to take.

Comment

As it goes with all HW's does he have a chin? Or is his defense good enough to make his chin matter less?

Those are always questions we never know til its proven he doesn't or about 15-30 fights into ones career. For a guy with a couple fights he's looking good doe & at this point thats all he can really do. Cuz he should be taking his time & just building up his record + getting more comfortable in the ring.

The stuff I've seen of him he comes off as immature still, as well he should he's still a teenager, so he gots a lot of growing & learning over the next several years that should keep him away from anyone notable at the top til he's 23, 24 I'd guess even if he's the next big thing. I think you take this kid mad slow, even Wilder-like in his transition from young prospect to legit contender & beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by raione View Post
        Hi Guys, what do you think about Daniel Dubois ? He is a tall and massive at 19, looks like AJ younger brother, I think it is a matter of time, that he will be champion one day. Do not forget he is still kid and needs to improve a lot.

... come back here in about 4-5 years... (in case he's doing OK...)

Comment

He was saying he wanted to break Tyson's record for being the youngest HW champ of all time, I think he's making Frank accelerate his career and getting into some god fights early on.

Comment

Who the hell knows, he's only had 3 fights FFS. In about 12 to 15 more fights, bump the thread and we'll see how he's looking

Comment

But is he humble?

Comment

Looks really good for a teenager, but as others have said we will know more in 2-3 years.

Comment

in my opinon, he must be talented if he signed for Frank Warren, big fish in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    But is he humble?
                    all of them are humble at the beggining, money change people, I mean most of them

Comment

Working...
                    X