Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Curious Observation About Deontay Wilder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I hope if there is a God he's not investing much time on outcomes of sporting events.
    As a believer, I endorse this post.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
      I'm sure they taught him to use the curse 'mothrrf****r' all the time.

He's a chronic liar who also said he'd like to kill a man.

I think your idea of 'deeply spiritual' is deeply flawed.
      LOL, I didn't say that he was a saint. He's a sinner like the rest of us. However, he does have deep spiritual convictions and a strong belief in God "Like speak it, believe it and receive it".

He said that his grandmother told him that he was anointed by God and I believe her because he is a gifted puncher and a extraordinary fighter with a very limited boxing pedigree and ability.

The man is nothing short of a miracle and a prodigy.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        Did you just assume God's gender?! REEEEEEEE
        I apologise for not asking God his preferred pronouns

And fook I just did it again

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

James 1:8

“A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”

Opinions are welcome
          Which "GOD" was he referring to? The "sun god", "god of light", the "fallen angel"?

Many people worship "GODs", but in the end, there is only one. There may be lesser beings that are "god-like" to us but they are FAR from the true GOD. He that was, is and will forever be, the Creator.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            As a believer, I endorse this post.
            Precisely. If you pray for good things for others, pray for people to overcome troubles, pray for safety, recovery, protection, wisdom, those kinds of prayers get answered. There is like a balance between the offerings and the debts required.

The more you pray for benefit of others in need, the less your debt ratio becomes. You start praying for a bunch of material possessions for yourself, that's when your credit card gets hacked or your power gets cut off by mistake.

Follow the 10 Commandments, love GOD more than you love yourself, pray for other people, strive to be like Jesus and you'll be OK.

Comment

What's with this all this God/Religious stuff lately? lol since when did that ever become a factor in boxing matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
                I did mention this on here when he said that. As a Christian myself I don’t think God would make Wilder lose for saying that, I just think it’s interesting and shows where Wilder’s mindset and spirituality are. People are always saying how he’s the son of a pastor and say that he’s Christian. I know at one time he did post about the Bible and stuff but that was like in 2015; if you listen to his recent interviews and things he’s said, he said he believes that even a sock can be God (in a recent interview before the first fight). He also talks a lot about trying to take on spirit possession before fights which is an old practice in many pagan cultures — the Viking Berserkers and Comanche Dog Soldiers did similar things to help them fight better and not feel pain. He’s clearly not a Christian, but he’s obviously not an atheist, either. If I had to make an educated guess I’d say he follows the New Age or African Spiritism.
                A educated guess will tell you he is just an ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  What's with this all this God/Religious stuff lately? lol since when did that ever become a factor in boxing matches?
                  Since Wildling started talking about catching bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    LOL, I didn't say that he was a saint. He's a sinner like the rest of us. However, he does have deep spiritual convictions and a strong belief in God "Like speak it, believe it and receive it".

He said that his grandmother told him that he was anointed by God and I believe her because he is a gifted puncher and a extraordinary fighter with a very limited boxing pedigree and ability.

The man is nothing short of a miracle and a prodigy.
                    His Grandmother can tell him whatever she wants - everybody's gramma tells them positive stuff and she probably didnt even say it in a boxing context.
                    He fought absolute nobodies for his first what, 30 + fights? Dude, this is boxing- there are levels. You can win 100 fights if you stay at the lower levels. He is not a prodigy, he is a hyped fighter who is extremely raw and lacks boxing skill who has been very carefully managed to get as far as possible against the easiest opponents.
                    He lies constantly, curses, has no dignity, could not take defeat like a man - and he ducked unification for over 2 years.
                    I do not like him for all of those reasons.
                    Here's a prediction for you: when he loses to fury again (for the third time) he will retire because he is not man enough to carry on and test himself against the best like AJ and Whyte and other established guys.
                    And don't come back at me with "he took on Fury and Fury is a good one."
                    He only took that in because he thought TF was a cherry he could pick, and that cherry punched his lying face in, in front of the whole world.
                    He won't fight again after another beatdown, mark my words. This guy has no character- and his fans making excuses about gloves and costumes and stuff, c'mon man it's literally pathetic.

Comment

I just tune out any athletes talking about God. The worst is when NBA players point up after making a basket.

Comment

Working...
                      X