No announcement yet.

Lifting weights 4 times a week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting weights 4 times a week

I want to get back into boxing but I feel I need to lift weights for my mental health nawhatimsaying I just feel more 'normal' after I lift. It's like an antidepressant for me

I'm doing wendlers 531 FSL for anyone who knows it. It's 4 days per week. Do you guys think I can balance that with boxing training?

How often should boxers lift anyway? I fought as a kid and didnt lift.

Lift light & with high reps so you don't sacrifice speed.
    Go light especially on the chest.
    The best boxers have the bird chest

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
      Lift light & with high reps so you don't sacrifice speed.
      Go light especially on the chest.
      The best boxers have the bird chest
      Agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Agree with this.
        The bird chest part also? I have hope.

Comment

So it is a split routine.

I would not advise you to attend boxing on the same days as weight lifting. But as you know? You are required to recover in-between weight lifting days 'And from my memory, boxing sessions in most gyms consist of circuit training and bag work which can be classed as calisthenics & plyometrics.

So if you are training in the weight lifting gym 4 times per week, that leaves you 3 days inside a boxing gym.

Ideally for a boxer I think 2 full body routines per week, should be a fundamental basis of your strength training. You have to make a choice? Are you a powerlifter or boxer.

Monday: Full Body routine.

Tuesday: Boxing.

Wednesday: Upper body routine or Boxing.

Thursday: Boxing.

Friday: Full Body Routine.

Saturday: Swimming, cycling or long tempo run.

Sunday: Rest.

Note: I am aware that people are obsessed with training multiple times per day these days, I don't really buy into that philosophy. Boxing could entail a lot of things, in my experience it was 'Bag work, Interval runs on some days, circuit training etc' NOBODY on this site knows what type of training you do in your boxing gym.
          Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 07-10-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTRAY View Post
            The bird chest part also? I have hope.
            Hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Agree with this.
              Don’t join in on this circus.

OP, 4x days a week weights is fine.

I assume you aren’t on peds and are 100% natty.

If you are a newbie to weights, you will probably gain max 15 pound of muscle over 12 months with the right nutrition.

If you have done weights before, and already have the newbie gains, probably looking at no more than 3 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
                I want to get back into boxing but I feel I need to lift weights for my mental health nawhatimsaying I just feel more 'normal' after I lift. It's like an antidepressant for me

I'm doing wendlers 531 FSL for anyone who knows it. It's 4 days per week. Do you guys think I can balance that with boxing training?

How often should boxers lift anyway? I fought as a kid and didnt lift.
                I lifted in high school my junior and senior years. 3 days a week, had a weight training class. We'd run and play soft ball or something on our off days. I did good those years with the boxing. As a pro I never touched the weights though...…….Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                X