Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM #121
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
john l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 38,946.24
Without that black bottle preferrably.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Cheers, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Proven liar and NSB Pick 'em cheat. - Robbie Barrett Makes up lies. Not to be trusted. - Robbie Barrett Disgraceful liar and cheat, that loves man meat - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The plunger man View Post
ok but who was agnott ? and why on earth was a fighter hit with 5 straight left hooks....did he have a defence ?
Angott was one of the best 35pder ever. He beat Willie Pep(only guy to beat him in Willie's 1st 120+ fights) and stopped Ike Williams(also lost two close dec)also had wins over Bob Mongomery and I believe went 1-1 with Beau Jack. He fought SRR at his VERY BEST 3 times even though just a lightweight and was never dropped. I brought up the 4-5 st8 left hooks because ive heard people on here taking about Roy Jones doing it vs B Brannon like no one else could ever do that. SRR did and vs a better fighter.

Last edited by john l; 08-14-2019 at 02:36 PM.
john l is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-14-2019, 04:44 PM #122
the minge monster

Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
The plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 35,775.97
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger 
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium Keep it up!!! - MDPopescu 
lol - denium to help you get it up for your bum chum Joshua - WTF Huck! You are one stupid dumb ass - Scott. Weiland My round innit - kafkod Nice sig, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott. Weiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john l View Post
Angott was one of the best 35pder ever. He beat Willie Pep(only guy to beat him in Willie's 1st 120+ fights) and stopped Ike Williams(also lost two close dec)also had wins over Bob Mongomery and I believe went 1-1 with Beau Jack. He fought SRR at his VERY BEST 3 times even though just a lightweight and was never dropped. I brought up the 4-5 st8 left hooks because ive heard people on here taking about Roy Jones doing it vs B Brannon like no one else could ever do that. SRR did and vs a better fighter.
thatís your opinion heís a better fighter not mine....135lb fighter would be destroyed by Roy Jones for a start ....secondly your biased towards to throw back fighters and I lean towards more 70í80í90 fighters.
Glad to see you mentioned that ray Robinson clip against angott ans I hope your aware the whole fight is speeded up and not real time.
Iíve had many a discussion with posters before you with trying to convince me that older fighters were better and Robinson was untouchable ....I disagree with them and I will do it with you.
Robinsonís defence was appalling and in my opinion he achieved amazing things for his era and thatís it....would he have beaten the likes of hagler , Leonard or Jones ...no I donít think so
The plunger man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:04 PM #123
Undisputed Champion

john l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond repute
Without that black bottle preferrably.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Cheers, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Proven liar and NSB Pick 'em cheat. - Robbie Barrett Makes up lies. Not to be trusted. - Robbie Barrett Disgraceful liar and cheat, that loves man meat - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
thatís your opinion heís a better fighter not mine....135lb fighter would be destroyed by Roy Jones for a start ....secondly your biased towards to throw back fighters and I lean towards more 70í80í90 fighters.
Glad to see you mentioned that ray Robinson clip against angott ans I hope your aware the whole fight is speeded up and not real time.
Iíve had many a discussion with posters before you with trying to convince me that older fighters were better and Robinson was untouchable ....I disagree with them and I will do it with you.
Robinsonís defence was appalling and in my opinion he achieved amazing things for his era and thatís it....would he have beaten the likes of hagler , Leonard or Jones ...no I donít think so
LMAO if you don't think Angott was better then Bryant Brannon and think SRR defense was appalling you DNSAB. I really cant even believe you wrote that!!!You did not even know who Angott was lol!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2019, 05:17 PM #124
the minge monster

The plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger 
lol - denium to help you get it up for your bum chum Joshua - WTF Huck! You are one stupid dumb ass - Scott. Weiland My round innit - kafkod Nice sig, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
LMAO if you don't think Angott was better then Bryant Brannon and think SRR defense was appalling you DNSAB. I really cant even believe you wrote that!!!You did not even know who Angott was lol!!!!!!!
who the hell is Bryant Brannon I didnít even mention him lol...are you ****ing senile ? Iím talking about jones and Hopkins lol....as for angott....he lost 29 times in his career and was beaten many time by medium club fighters before he faced Robinson.....as for him facing pep....pep was a featherweight facing off with a fighter 2 divisions above him in angott .....as I said I followed boxing all my life in fact for near on 40 years now so yeah I have a fair amount of knowledge and that in turn gives me the right to not class Robinson as some kind of god who could beat every boxer thatís ever lived....losing to Turpin , lamotta , Fullmer , Basilio ,Jones maxim etc ...so that tells me he could easily lose to Leonard , hagler and Jones
Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 PM #125
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
who the hell is Bryant Brannon I didn’t even mention him lol...are you ****ing senile ? I’m talking about jones and Hopkins lol....as for angott....he lost 29 times in his career and was beaten many time by medium club fighters before he faced Robinson.....as for him facing pep....pep was a featherweight facing off with a fighter 2 divisions above him in angott .....as I said I followed boxing all my life in fact for near on 40 years now so yeah I have a fair amount of knowledge and that in turn gives me the right to not class Robinson as some kind of god who could beat every boxer that’s ever lived....losing to Turpin , lamotta , Fullmer , Basilio ,Jones maxim etc ...so that tells me he could easily lose to Leonard , hagler and Jones
1st Brannon was the guy that Jones beat @ 68 stopping him with 4 st8 hooks. 2nd you asked me in 1st post who was Angott so don't act like you knew him you just ran to boxrec now. 3rd all those guys you listed beat SRR towards end of his career.4th guys back then a lot of times had no AM career so they leaned on job Angott also beat MANY top fighters like Ike Williams and Beau Jack,Bob Montgomery and lost a completive one to Armstrong among others. Don't act like your an expert when you don't even know who Angott was or even Brannon since your such an expert on Jones lol. Lets be honest you don't know anything about the guys I listed and you proved it. Don't bother responding instead take that time to learn the history of the sport that did not start in 1990.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:51 AM #126
the minge monster

Quote:
1st Brannon was the guy that Jones beat @ 68 stopping him with 4 st8 hooks. 2nd you asked me in 1st post who was Angott so don't act like you knew him you just ran to boxrec now. 3rd all those guys you listed beat SRR towards end of his career.4th guys back then a lot of times had no AM career so they leaned on job Angott also beat MANY top fighters like Ike Williams and Beau Jack,Bob Montgomery and lost a completive one to Armstrong among others. Don't act like your an expert when you don't even know who Angott was or even Brannon since your such an expert on Jones lol. Lets be honest you don't know anything about the guys I listed and you proved it. Don't bother responding instead take that time to learn the history of the sport that did not start in 1990.
As I said to you before the 5 left hooks you mentioned I did not even mention jones over this so call Brannon as I have no idea who he is.
2ndly I have watched boxing since 79 and have watched Louis , Robinson and many other old school fighters as well.
I think the 70’ and 80’ were the pinnacle of boxing and the very best like Ali,Leonard,hagler,Duran , Sanchez and Arguello would have beaten anybody in history.
Do don’t try and question my knowledge because I will more than keep up with you
Old 08-15-2019, 01:13 PM #127
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
As I said to you before the 5 left hooks you mentioned I did not even mention jones over this so call Brannon as I have no idea who he is.
2ndly I have watched boxing since 79 and have watched Louis , Robinson and many other old school fighters as well.
I think the 70’ and 80’ were the pinnacle of boxing and the very best like Ali,Leonard,hagler,Duran , Sanchez and Arguello would have beaten anybody in history.
Do don’t try and question my knowledge because I will more than keep up with you
You don't even know half the guys we were talking about so how the he ll could you keep up with me?????
Old 08-15-2019, 02:06 PM #128
the minge monster

Quote:
You don't even know half the guys we were talking about so how the he ll could you keep up with me?????
I could reel off many boxers that you have never heard of lol....who was Leonardís 1st opponent when turning pro , who is the half brother of Marvin hagler ...which fighter did Larry Holmes run over a car to attack and so on.
The reason why I didnít know who Brannon or angott is ....is because irrelevant and opponents.
We can all throw out questions with things we know about and Iím more than willing to challenge you on fight knowledge...you stick with the 40ís 50ís and Iíll go with the 80ís and 90ís and letís see who comes out on top.
I donít know where your arrogance started with this because I didnít even bring up these 4 so called left hooks by Robinson lol
Take the challenge and letís see.
As I said Iíve followed boxing since late 70ís I just donít follow the old school fighters as much as you because most of them were not that good in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:14 PM #129
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I could reel off many boxers that you have never heard of lol....who was Leonardís 1st opponent when turning pro , who is the half brother of Marvin hagler ...which fighter did Larry Holmes run over a car to attack and so on.
The reason why I didnít know who Brannon or angott is ....is because irrelevant and opponents.
We can all throw out questions with things we know about and Iím more than willing to challenge you on fight knowledge...you stick with the 40ís 50ís and Iíll go with the 80ís and 90ís and letís see who comes out on top.
I donít know where your arrogance started with this because I didnít even bring up these 4 so called left hooks by Robinson lol
Take the challenge and letís see.
As I said Iíve followed boxing since late 70ís I just donít follow the old school fighters as much as you because most of them were not that good in my opinion.
Hagler's half brother was Robbie Sims who was a fringe contender who beat an old Duran. Holmes charged Trever Berbick who he had beaten in a title defence,also was Ali last opp and the guy Tyson beat for 1st title. I forget who SRL 1st opponent was(could have run to boxrec like you but I'm being honest) Ali's was Tunny Hunsacker(sp?) just to throw that in lol you cant hang with me.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:28 PM #130
the minge monster

Quote:
Hagler's half brother was Robbie Sims who was a fringe contender who beat an old Duran. Holmes charged Trever Berbick who he had beaten in a title defence,also was Ali last opp and the guy Tyson beat for 1st title. I forget who SRL 1st opponent was(could have run to boxrec like you but I'm being honest) Ali's was Tunny Hunsacker(sp?) just to throw that in lol you cant hang with me.
I donít need boxrec when itís comes to the 70ís 80ís and 90ís itís my forte and I breathed that era and if you want to put a wager on that era let me know lol as I said we can reel of fighters that we both donít know...it was luis the bull vega and Leonard earned 40k for his 1st pro fight and paid of all his investors and bought his career back. You will not find that information on boxrec lol

Share This With Friends