Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't Crawford challenge a welterweight, instead of old faded Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
    Like Thurman or the winner of Spence-Brook?
    Pacquiao means money, legacy, exposure etc.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao has been past his prime for at least 5 years now. His best was 2005 to 2011.

That's why all the vultures want a piece of him.
      Doesn't change the point.

Just because he's past his prime doesn't mean he can't be the best WW in the world or the highest ranked WW in the P4P list.

Comment

Pac is 100% the fight he should be chasing. This is the classic passing of the torch fight that happens in boxing all the time. And Pac, whilst faded, still can make for a good fight with Crawford.

I really wish Pac would stop faffing around with nonsense like Horn and just take this damn fight.

Comment

He called out Keith Thurman, dummy. As well as Pacquiao.

On top of that he added that "I'll fight anybody. It doesn't matter who it is."

http://www.boxingscene.com/terence-c...er-who--116811

Comment

Manny is a ww WBO champion

Comment

You're a dumb hippopotamus.

Arum said Crawford won't be fighting Thurman. Too risky an opponent.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-admi...pening--116819
              you literally just said why didnt he call Thurman out......he did

Comment

Easier fight to make + more money.

Besides, it's a good fight. Manny might not be prime but how many of the other welterweights have better wins than Bradley & Vargas back to back? Thurman maybe, that's it.

If Manny still has enough to beat those guys comfortably, then he's still a top guy in the division.
                Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-21-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

crawford got a lifelong dream of unifying 140 or whatever...anyone 135-147 cept only big money fights or whatever...i good boy! uhhh big drama show

Comment

Manny Pacquiao has been past his prime for at least 5 years now. His best was 2005 to 2011.

That's why all the vultures want a piece of him.
                    Wrong, everyone wants him because he's the biggest payday. Same thing was true for Mayweather and now Canelo and now even GGG. You do realize boxers also want to make money at some point during their career right? I know calling fighters business men is usually a pejorative but common, it would just be stupid of them to skip out on the biggest payday of their career for a lesser known up and coming fighter.

Comment

Like Thurman or the winner of Spence-Brook?
                      You're a dumb hippopotamus.

Arum said Crawford won't be fighting Thurman. Too risky an opponent.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-admi...pening--116819
                      OP asks Thurman, then tells someone they're dumb for mentioning he said Thurman in his post-fight interview.

Every/most legends get their careers ended by young guys, plus Pacquiao is huge payday and gets the media talking.

I think Crawford and Spence could happen down the line, given Spence keeps up what he's doing and wins the title. I have no problem with him fighting Idongo(?) for the Undisputed title.

Comment

Working...
                      X