Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys read about the Affluenza teen who killed 4 people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Just got done posting about the system in another thread. Thank you for this, it's a thoughtful response. People look at this situation and say "Ah, he's a rich *******s who doesn't deserve ****, he killed four people, lock him up and throw away the key!"

Why?

You wont find someone that dislikes rich people more than me, but what good does it do anyone? He didn't maliciously kill anyone. He made a mistake and got into a car accident, as a teenager, and as a result of him being a dumb kid some people died. It's terrible.

But he's just now 19 years old as of a few days ago, he was like 16 when this incident happened. What is keeping him in prison for the rest of his life going to accomplish?
    So, how does one deter such behavior in the future, if being under age is a legitimate excuse?

Comment

this is actoall old news brah..

i read it probably 2-3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Just got done posting about the system in another thread. Thank you for this, it's a thoughtful response. People look at this situation and say "Ah, he's a rich *******s who doesn't deserve ****, he killed four people, lock him up and throw away the key!"

Why?

You wont find someone that dislikes rich people more than me, but what good does it do anyone? He didn't maliciously kill anyone. He made a mistake and got into a car accident, as a teenager, and as a result of him being a dumb kid some people died. It's terrible.

But he's just now 19 years old as of a few days ago, he was like 16 when this incident happened. What is keeping him in prison for the rest of his life going to accomplish?
        He was right back on the scene drinking, doing drugs and partying while on parole. No need to feel sorry for him, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
          this is actoall old news brah..

i read it probably 2-3 years ago
          Yes it's from 2013, I read it when it came out. But him getting 2 years is new news.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            So, how does one deter such behavior in the future, if being under age is a legitimate excuse?
            The "He young doe" defense does not apply to every young person of every background apparently. When others use it for some one else, it's laughable. I think it's laughable both ways, for rich and poor, white and black.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              25 to life doesn't stop murders just like dui's don't stop drunk drivers... But good question... I don't think there is any good answer to your question tho...

As far being under age? No it's not an excuse, but what do we accomplish by sending a teenager to jail for 40 years... A hardened criminal who's going to get out and be on welfare cuz he can't get a job and/or commit another crime and rot in jail which still ends up wasting more tax payer monies...

I don't have a solution for crime but I know jail isn't one...

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                25 to life doesn't stop murders just like dui's don't stop drunk drivers... But good question... I don't think there is any good answer to your question tho...

As far being under age? No it's not an excuse, but what do we accomplish by sending a teenager to jail for 40 years... A hardened criminal who's going to get out and be on welfare cuz he can't get a job and/or commit another crime and rot in jail which still ends up wasting more tax payer monies...

I don't have a solution for crime but I know jail isn't one...
                We make an example out of him. Imagine the consequence of slapping him on the wrist? The rich kids will have field day, knowing their "affluenza" is a free pass to **** up other people's lives. Think of the 4 people and what their family are going through all because some rich tw@t thinks he's too rich and he can't help it.
                Last edited by megas30; 04-15-2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Seeing things like this makes me hate the world even more and I lose more faith in humanity.

Comment

Working...
                  X