Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch moved up to 6 in RING P4P list...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, what the **** Froch did that he moved up? Refused to fight his mandatory and still has no opponent?

Comment

Froch should have been in that position long ago, took Ring a long time to rank him as highly as he should be.

Froch's resume and last performance more than deserve it.

Comment

Pound for pound is just opinion and can't be proven right or wrong. If Ring thinks he is the 6th best pfp fighter in the world they have their reasons. I have him closer to 10th because he is easy to hit and getting old and past prime but maybe he deserves 6th place. There are some very good fighters in so many different weight classes so it's hard to compare them to fighters 50 pounds lighter or heavier.

Comment

I would keep Froch over Kovalev. Froch has had a solid career from early wins over Pascal & Taylor to the more recent Kessler, Bute, and Groves wins. Where Kovalev only has the Cleverly, Pascal, and Hopkins wins. Bernard being 50 years old and Pascal seemingly past his peak and a bit inactive doesn't give Kovalev quite the impact as it would a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I just can't see that, especially not this older version of Froch.

Exactly. Kovalev has some major skills boxing wise and can brawl/punch, dude is a multi-dimensional fighter and on that P4P fantasy realm he matches up well with just about anybody in the top 10.
            p4p Kovalev gets beaten by GGG, Pac, Floyd, Ward, Rigondeaux and names like Bradley give him good fights and might win too. Also, pound for pound is not based on mythical match-ups because by that logic fighters with talent can be number one pound for pound before they do anything. You can't base rankings on how people match up in impossible fights. Resume is the only criteria for anyone who knows boxing.

Comment

finally froch getting some respect. i actually have froch ranked #2 just behind wlad on my top ten p4p.

my top 5:

1. wlad
              2. froch
              3. pac
              4. roman gonzalez
              5. rigo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                **** no. P4P Froch eats Kovalev's best shots for lunch and proceeds to badass his way to a stoppage victory.
                you lost your mind, son. Groves had Froch in trouble , What do you think a bigger, harder-punching Kovalev will do. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  finally froch getting some respect. i actually have froch ranked #2 just behind wlad on my top ten p4p.

my top 5:

1. wlad
                  2. froch
                  3. pac
                  4. roman gonzalez
                  5. rigo
                  really, You have to have Mayweather in your top 3 , i hate them dude, but he is a top p4p fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                    p4p Kovalev gets beaten by GGG, Pac, Floyd, Ward, Rigondeaux and names like Bradley give him good fights and might win too. Also, pound for pound is not based on mythical match-ups because by that logic fighters with talent can be number one pound for pound before they do anything. You can't base rankings on how people match up in impossible fights. Resume is the only criteria for anyone who knows boxing.
                    I disagree about all those fighters beating Kovalev, I have seen nothing to believe all those fighters can easily beat him like you're implying. Bradley??

Your point is valid, resume plays a pretty important part or else you'd have prospects who are KOing bums in 2 rounds ranked as top 5 in the world. I think it's a combination of both mythical match ups and resume that is used in P4P criteria. The mythical match up is primarily used for established guys, let's keep that in mind. Also, you favoring GGG over Kovalev is proving my point. GGG has beaten nobody of worth yet you're already saying he'd beat the more established fighter in Kovalev in a P4P mythical match up...."resume is the only criteria for anybody who knows boxing."

Comment

Resume is only one factor. It has to be taken in proper perspective.

Comment

Working...
                      X