Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Murray has never been dropped before GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my eyes, and my prediction, the fight went how I thought it would. Late TKO with Murray's defense saving him for a long time, but his lack of power not being able to keep Golovkin off of him. I really have no opinion of how GGG looked or how Murray looked because they both looked like I thought they would. Fans expected TKO3-6 or whatever but that was unrealistic given Murray's defense. I thought GGG would get him out of there in 9-10 rounds Murray lasted one more round than I thought and he was TKO'ed standing up.

Comment

I think that fight goes the distance with a much bigger ring.

Smaller ring=much easier to cut off
      More chances your opponent will be trapped on the ropes because of no maneuverability, more opportunities for GGG to do what he does best.
      This is common sense.

Murray was up 2-3 in the beginning, GGG was able to get to him so early because of that tiny ring. A bigger ring would've allowed Murray to extend that lead even more, GGG eventually would've caught him, but it wouldn't have been until later in the fight. Murray could've easily been up 5-0 before that happened, much fresher and up on the cards, changes the entire dynamic of the fight.

The baby ring allowed GGG to get to him early, do damage early than later which affected the fight. GGG was getting drilled by body shots and that's why he was slowing down, again, if Murray was fresher he would've easily been able to capitalize on that.

Every time GGG hurt him, there Murray was, trapped on the ropes, while Murray was able to out box him in the center of the ring consistently. Again, the earlier damage MM had taken affected Murray later on in the fight from that baby ring, a fresher Murray would be able to hold the center of the ring much more easily, work off the ropes. This fight ends in a close decision in a bigger ring imo.

I'm just looking at it without much bias as possible.
      Last edited by Cutthroat; 02-27-2015, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
        Murray is as average as average gets. But so is just about every other mw not named golovkin. Which is why Miguel cotto is the lineal champion...
        If Cotto would fight GGG instead of Bundrage or Bradley or Rios we would find out who the real middleweight champ is. If Cotto fought Murray I would place a large bet on Murray to win if the fight was at 160 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          I think that fight goes the distance with a much bigger ring.

Smaller ring=much easier to cut off
          More chances your opponent will be trapped on the ropes because of no maneuverability, more opportunities for GGG to do what he does best.
          This is common sense.

Murray was up 2-3 in the beginning, GGG was able to get to him so early because of that tiny ring. A bigger ring would've allowed Murray to extend that lead even more, GGG eventually would've caught him, but it wouldn't have been until later in the fight. Murray could've easily been up 5-0 before that happened, much fresher and up on the cards, changes the entire dynamic of the fight.

The baby ring allowed GGG to get to him early, do damage early than later which affected the fight. GGG was getting drilled by body shots and that's why he was slowing down, again, if Murray was fresher he would've easily been able to capitalize on that.

Every time GGG hurt him, there Murray was, trapped on the ropes, while Murray was able to out box him in the center of the ring consistently. Again, the earlier damage MM had taken affected Murray later on in the fight from that baby ring, a fresher Murray would be able to hold the center of the ring much more easily, work off the ropes. This fight ends in a close decision in a bigger ring imo.

I'm just looking at it without much bias as possible
          no he wasn't. he didn't even win a round if you are judging fairly. you must have been scoring underdog points. ggg wasn't slowing down. he had great stamina, great workrate, and power late in the fight. wtf were you watching? yep a close decision. murray was robbed basically.

i'm glad you are being unbiased. credit to you...lol!
          Last edited by daggum; 02-27-2015, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X