Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what fighter has rebounded from a devestating defeat and moved on to have good career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what fighter has rebounded from a devestating defeat and moved on to have good career

I guess I am talking about not a close decsion loss but a devstating one. Similar to floyd paterson getting knocked out by johnason and coming back to beat him twice.

Wladimir Klitschko is the first that comes to mind...

Ricky Burns got near enough shutout by Carl Johanneson & came back a lot stronger and is on a near 20 fight win streak winning the British & WBO strap.
    He really did learn a lot from that loss it would seem.

Comment

Terry Norris bounced back well after the devastating KO loss to Julian Jackson
      Last edited by Vsec; 08-25-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Nigel Benn, after stoppage losses to Watson and Eubank.

Comment

Joe Louis got KO'd by Max Schmeling but came back to win the championship and a rematch. Easiest one lol

Comment

No Pacquiao mention already?

Fufufufuufu I call Pac.

Does Lennox Lewis count?

I guess lower on the scale would you also consider Paulie Malignaggi's ass whuppin from Cotto? Hes done ok for himself since.

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera got battered by Junior Jones & went on to have a brilliant career.

Humberto Gonzalez (one of my favourites) got stopped - in a shocker - by Filipino Rolando Pascua. For those old enough to remember this was MENTAL. Pascua was shyte with no punch & many losses but somehow stopped the undefeated Gonzalez. 3 years later he gets stopped again - in a fight he was winning - in the thriller with Carbajal. He then comes back & beats Carbajal TWICE in close bouts.

David Haye ran out of steam against Carl Thompson. While the 'good career' part is up for debate he was successful ($$$).

Pipino Cuevas got stopped on his debut in the 2nd round (he was 13) and had a record of 15-6 when he got his title opportunity (imagine that today???) including losing his previous bout. He then won 12 (11) before running into Hearns.

There's another fighter I am thinking of. A Latin guy from the 70's or 80's whop got stopped in the 2nd round of his Mexican title bout but went on to have a brilliant career. Can't think who it is though.

Comment

Joe Louis
                Nigel Benn
                Lennox Lewis came back pretty strong after stoppage losses.

Yeah Pacquiao has looked good since the Morales loss, hopefully will bounce back from the Bradley "loss".

Comment

Although he didn't win the rematch years later, the fellow whose picture appears in my avatar redeemed himself after the New Orleans debacle in one of the most lopsided beatdowns ever (play sig below). Despite his shocking surrender, he went on to outrank his tormentor by several notches as p4p ATG.

Comment

Iran Barkely after being destroyed by Nigel Benn

Comment

Working...
                    X