Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White Wants to Embarrass Floyd Mayweather; Brock-Fedor Could Happen Sept 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Lesnar is gay in desguise...

Comment

• Originally posted by old cat View Post
      I agree for the most part. MMA for the most part has a much younger audience than boxing's. Floyd is a loud mouth but the dude can fight and the hard core fans know it. The propaganda put out by the UFC will not sway the Core base of boxing.
      But that in itself is a double standard. How is UFC providing propaganda but Floyd Mayweather isn't? Its not as if the UFC puts on **** cards and charges ridiculous amounts of money for them.

Some people find it hard to be fans of both, but somehow create this allegiance as if Boxing promoters are paying you to be fans of Boxing only. What's wrong with liking both for what they are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
        I was making mention to the poster that the UFC was starting its PPVs around that time and people threw it down as a fad. Sixteen years later and 100 PPVs later IO think it's safe to say they've come a long way and they're not going anywhere.
        Correction: 1987 was the start of the sport. 1993 was when the idea hit the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
          Correction: 1987 was the start of the sport. 1993 was when the idea hit the US.
          I'm talking strictly UFC.

Comment

• Apparently now this thread is much ado about nothing.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/28/f...les-times-rep/

A representative of M1 has come out and said the LA Times' report about Fedor-to-the-UFC is not accurate. Sorry for starting the thread, but I figured the LA Times was pretty reputable. Who knows, this whole thing will play out like the Brett Favre "will he or won't he?" saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
              Apparently now this thread is much ado about nothing.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/28/f...les-times-rep/

A representative of M1 has come out and said the LA Times' report about Fedor-to-the-UFC is not accurate. Sorry for starting the thread, but I figured the LA Times was pretty reputable. Who knows, this whole thing will play out like the Brett Favre "will he or won't he?" saga.
              What's actually happening is Affliction is going to be one of UFC's sponsors again and they're also going to contract their fighters (Fedor being one of them).

I think it will go down though. There's no where else for Fedor to go. He needs the US exposure to make the quintessential "cypha" complete.

Comment

The LA Times is reporting that UFC is finalizing a deal with Fedor. His first fight in UFC could possibly take place at UFC 103 in Dallas on September 13, though I think that is too soon. They will want to build this promotion.

But Dana White has had a war of words with Floyd, and I could see him trying to make this happen to go head-to-head with the Mayweather-Marquez PPV. UFC wins this one big, folks, and I don't care for the UFC one bit. Brock-Fedor is the biggest fight in MMA history.

UFC would be foolish to rush Brock-Fedor, but I wouldn't put it past the vindictive Dana White.
                this fight would ruin PBF/JMM. i'm not big into MMA and even i know how huge a fight Brock/Fedor is. i bet it will break records.

Comment

The LA Times is reporting that UFC is finalizing a deal with Fedor. His first fight in UFC could possibly take place at UFC 103 in Dallas on September 13, though I think that is too soon. They will want to build this promotion.

But Dana White has had a war of words with Floyd, and I could see him trying to make this happen to go head-to-head with the Mayweather-Marquez PPV. UFC wins this one big, folks, and I don't care for the UFC one bit. Brock-Fedor is the biggest fight in MMA history.

UFC would be foolish to rush Brock-Fedor, but I wouldn't put it past the vindictive Dana White.
                  Every fight is the biggest fight in MMA history. I'm so tired of hearing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KENSHIRO View Post
                    To be real, Mayweather is a bigger draw. A few examples,

You can't really compare

Gatti
                    Baldomir
                    Zab Judah

TO

Erick Morales
                    MAB
                    JMM

Obviously Pacquiao faught the much bigger names.

Also look at what Mayweather did against a No Namer in Baldomir (325K PPV Buys) and look what Pacquiao did against a No Namer in David Diaz (185K PPV buys).

LMAO! Pacquiao-Diaz did 185K??? They did more than 230K, and Tata Baldomir who just beat Zab and HBO favorite Arturo Gatti a no-namer compared to Diaz who nobody saw or knew is just like comparing night and day...

Comment

• i doubt you will see lesnar/fedor at ufc 103, but they have pulled down the original announced main event of henderson/franklin 2.... so something is up....

lesnar is a huge draw if they put him on the card vs anyone it will draw more than pbf/jmm...

Comment

Working...
                      X