Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird, checking some of the reviews on fandango and the rotten tomatoes reviews are great but the fan reviews are horrid. 1 star after 1 star.

Oh well, already bought my tickets. Should be an interesting watch.

Comment

I knew being a remake/redo would mean it wouldn't pack the punch nor originality of the original. However being a sci-fi fan I could only hope for the best. Many people that seen the original didn't like the pace and thought it was too dark.

I see Rotten tomatoes treated it well but that means little these days.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
        Great movie.
        Directors cut was trash doe.

Everything about the new one screams cash-in.
        I expect it to be some pretentious dog ****
        that hipsters will love.

I agree anorak wannabe

I believe you.

Was the movie up Its own ass and with a hipster vibe?
        Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        I'm actually a fan of these types of weird, moody, heady somber noir flicks and even I wanted to walk the hell out when my popcorn was done, but im like **** it im already here, i already paid for this, let's just sit through this and see where it's going.

Ryan Gosling did a terrible job, his character was an emotionless, lifeless robot. He went full robot. I mean his character isn't supposed to be human but he took the role way too literally to the point where you feel absolutely no connection to the character.

He went full robot like sean penn and cuba gooding went full ******.
        i hope at least it shows some good replicant sex scenes, from the trailer it looks like jared leto was about to sodomize a freshly hatched skin job

Comment

Was going to watch it on Sunday but saw the run time is over 3 hours **** that ain't sitting through a movie that long

Comment

Originally posted by Suup View Post
            weird, checking some of the reviews on fandango and the rotten tomatoes reviews are great but the fan reviews are horrid. 1 star after 1 star.

Oh well, already bought my tickets. Should be an interesting watch.
            Average fan rating was 4.3/5. 83% liked it.

I'm going to have to see this one to make up my mind. 3hr movie...used to have intermissions for this length. I'll be getting up to pee 2 or 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Was going to watch it on Sunday but saw the run time is over 3 hours **** that ain't sitting through a movie that long
              Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Average fan rating was 4.3/5. 83% liked it.

I'm going to have to see this one to make up my mind. 3hr movie...used to have intermissions for this length. I'll be getting up to pee 2 or 3 times.
              i looked it up on imdb, it has a threesome scene in it, doesn't sound like it shows much though

Comment

maybe just me but it was long, somewhat boring and drawn out...

still a rather interesting story line if you can keep up. had to take a piss break during, and apparently i happened to go during one of the crucial moments in the movie

3/5
                Last edited by Sup; 10-10-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                  i looked it up on imdb, it has a threesome scene in it, doesn't sound like it shows much though
                  I guess "technically" it was a threesome but not what you might expect.

Comment

Saw it. It was good but very long and not much action as you'd expect.

Comment

I can appreciate that the film wasnt for everyone, but i thought it was stunning. The visuals were up there with anything you will see this year (at least), they nailed the whole feel of the movie imo maintaining that dark, creepy, off kilter world, while also adding to the scale using modern CGI. It wasnt quite as 'dirty' as '2019' and maybe misses some of the claustrophobic dystopian survaillance that was constant feature of the original.

I thought the acting was great. Someone above said Gosling went full robot, and yeah he is a restrained character, but they must have missed big chunks of the film where his emotions spilled out.

I loved the slower pace compared to most modern big budget films. The revelations during his investigation all had time to breath and you felt the full impact. Also meant that when the pace quickened you really noticed it, rather than just going a million miles an hour the whole time and becoming desensitized.

Call me a hipster its fine. I love films that make you think abit and any fan of the original should have been expecting this one to explore how we percieve humanity, conscience and the soul, and thats what it did.

I wasnt bored or tired waiting for it to finish despite its long run time. I was invested in K, Joi and obviously Deckard as characters. The soundtrack was immense (Hans Zimmer always delivers). Visually spectacular. My kind of film.

9/10.
                      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-10-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X