Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you beat Mayweather? -If u had "a gun to ur head" explain how McGregor wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta say, the size disparity didnt look as significant as expected.

Comment

• Pay the judges

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Connor's best bet is to try some martial arts based punching and footwork.

Trying to be a boxer anit gon work...

Connor has to be a martial artist not a boxer.

His team believes this too. It's why they digging for techniques in ancient boxing that are uncommon in this era.
        We will see a Bolo uppercut thrown.
        We might see a Casting shot thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
          Told you.

Last edited by USMCer; 08-18-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Gun to my head?

Conor needs to make Floyd Mayweather work and hustle and tire, and prevent Mayweather from getting set or comfortable. This probably means Conor needs to go after Floyd and pressure him like Castillo, Maidana, Cotto and Guerrero all tried to do.

Conor will also need to push through the pain suffered by the brutal counters he'll be eating, something that has discouraged many many opponents from even trying to throw against him in later rounds.

He needs to make his athletic prime into an advantage and the only way he will accomplish that is by making Floyd work just as hard as he is working, at least.

Having said all that I think Mayweather will be the guy coming forward (like he did vs Canelo in round 1), making Conor work disproportionately hard to keep himself safe from punishment, and eventually Mayweather's counters will condition McGregor into not throwing at all, up until the point that McGregor gasses out.

Comment

• Bell rings. Conor comes towards Floyd and pretends to come at him from the left (to give the illusion of getting past Floyd's shoulder roll), but it's a trap to get Floyd to quickly move out of harm's way by stepping over to the right... At which point Conor quickly sidesteps back over to his right and delivers a hard, perfectly-timed straight forward jab straight to Mayweather's dome (like the one he hit Paulie with in the video) that he doesn't see coming. He then immediately tries a left hook with the same hand and when Floyd barely ducks, he catches him with a hard right uppercut underneath. Floyd is stunned, gets backed into the ropes, and McGregor unleashes a furry of punches with extreme pinpoint accuracy that gets through Floyd's defense and sends him crumbling to the ground.

Floyd gets up, clearly wobbled, and Conor manages to get him up against the ropes again, and he swarms him and sends him spiraling to the canvas with pinpoint accuracy punches all over again... Only this time, Floyd doesn't get up. He either fails to beat the 10 count or the referee stops the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                I had to do this again...

Comment

• TMT_HEAT, thought I'd re-post this here....

Originally posted by TMT_HEAT View Post
                  When I listed the things necessary to beat Floyd, Conor came up really short on the list.

-Footwork
                  -Hand Speed
                  -Length
                  -Stiff Jab

Those are the 4 main components IMO to giving Mayweather trouble whether orthodox or southpaw.

Conor has no-existent footwork because of where he comes from, his hand speed isn't good but he utilizes timing well(Mayweather does too), his got length on him but not enough, I think at least 4 inches in reach would be necessary to utilize the last part and that's having a stiff jab to control distance and keep that straight right from Money getting thrown.

Conor is going to have to put together a combination of punches to drop Mayweather unless he can simply walk through his punches and no one has ever done that.

Between that and Floyd's footwork, hand speed and jab/lead right I'm wondering how Conor will get into closing distance. He also has never displayed a consistent hook or an uppercut in his UFC fights. The straight left has been the weapon on choice in mostly all of his victories.

Comment

• Gun to my head? The only way he wins is if Floyd suffers a freak injury in the ring, such as twisting his ankle, breaking his right hand in the first round, dislocating a shoulder..That would be Conor's only shot to win. If Floyd is healthy, there is literally no way he wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                      Bell rings. Conor comes towards Floyd and pretends to come at him from the left (to give the illusion of getting past Floyd's shoulder roll), but it's a trap to get Floyd to quickly move out of harm's way by stepping over to the right... At which point Conor quickly sidesteps back over to his right and delivers a hard, perfectly-timed straight forward jab straight to Mayweather's dome (like the one he hit Paulie with in the video) that he doesn't see coming. He then immediately tries a left hook with the same hand and when Floyd barely ducks, he catches him with a hard right uppercut underneath. Floyd is stunned, gets backed into the ropes, and McGregor unleashes a furry of punches with extreme pinpoint accuracy that gets through Floyd's defense and sends him crumbling to the ground.

Floyd gets up, clearly wobbled, and Conor manages to get him up against the ropes again, and he swarms him and sends him spiraling to the canvas with pinpoint accuracy punches all over again... Only this time, Floyd doesn't get up. He either fails to beat the 10 count or the referee stops the fight.
                      Dream about that? Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X