Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Holmes stops Foreman late in a tough fight in which he may or may not go down. Weaver gave Holmes a tough time and I'd expect Foreman to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
      I think that Holmes stops Foreman late in a tough fight in which he may or may not go down. Weaver gave Holmes a tough time and I'd expect Foreman to do the same
      --- I see no evidence of you thinking.

Big George is weaver 10X+!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        Really? Because the film shows Holyfield piecing Foreman up.

You're calling Holmes fat when compared to comeback Foreman? Lmfao. What's Foreman? Obese?

Foreman couldn't keep Holyfield off of him. You realize Foreman LOST that fight right?

Holmes definitely was of superior talent. He ruled the heavyweight division for an entire era, fought well into his 50s, consistently beat a much higher level of talent, and was much smarter than Foreman all around.
        ---- Big George always big.

Tubby Lar who used to be skinny got KOed by Dwayne Bobick in 72 and weren't part of the Golden 4 era.

So where's the beef of gravitas? Only a single beltholder in an era of a half dozen single belt holders, his record against champs actually holding a title they won in the ring is 0-4.

Time to study up smarter than Tubby Lar who used to be skinny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          George's Achilles heel was very specifically a fighter like Holmes. Stand up boxer with a great jab and movement when he needed to move. Prime vs prime Holmes does what Young and Ali did...box smartly and gain control as rounds go by. After rounds 5-7 the bouts practically over as George loses steam. In a 15 round bout Foreman gets stopped by round 12.
          --- Princess, dearie, when George was forced by King into fighting the uncrowned champ Young who had previously clowned Ali, that was in a stupid fight on the Puerto Rico undercard of some featherweights.

Tubby Lar was the sub-sub-sub undercard fighting a journeyman prospect!!!

Folks, I don't make this comedy gold up, its engraved in stone!!!!!!!

Comment

Where Holmes was in his career in 1977 has nothing to do with how a hypothetical bout between prime Holmes and Foreman would turn out.

Another impossible to understand post by the queen. Just like 20 years ago.

Comment

--- The fight weren't proposed in their primes sweetie because you and tubby Lar were still in training pants during George's gold medal/championship years.

I don't make this stuff up!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                --- Princess, dearie, when George was forced by King into fighting the uncrowned champ Young who had previously clowned Ali, that was in a stupid fight on the Puerto Rico undercard of some featherweights.

Tubby Lar was the sub-sub-sub undercard fighting a journeyman prospect!!!

Folks, I don't make this comedy gold up, its engraved in stone!!!!!!!
                Your language man. It’s inappropriate here. Tighten up or I kick you.

Comment

Does not matter to the question I posed....what does it matter if Holmes was on the undercard of Foreman vs Young?

Holmes boxing skill would wreck Foreman who is too slow to catch the standup boxer who was Larry Holmes. And I was a Foreman fan by the way. I was never keen on Holmes. However the reality is the reality. Holmes would be Kryptonite to Foreman in every possible manner.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Your language man. It’s inappropriate here. Tighten up or I kick you.
                    --- Fair warning.

Problem being I'm not profane and don't threaten anyone physically, so I would be at a loss to clean up my language without a reference.

Is it the princess dearie? Perhaps my zeal in making my case?

Not knowing the politically correct format?

I can be found debating Cane and Henry Hascup in the all time heavyweight sticky that has sadly fallen into a state of disconnected ennui.

I've enjoyed myself immensely thus far and can leave in a no fuss heartbeat at moment's notice. I thank you for your gracious attention...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      --- Fair warning.

Problem being I'm not profane and don't threaten anyone physically, so I would be at a loss to clean up my language without a reference.

Is it the princess dearie? Perhaps my zeal in making my case?

Not knowing the politically correct format?

I can be found debating Cane and Henry Hascup in the all time heavyweight sticky that has sadly fallen into a state of disconnected ennui.

I've enjoyed myself immensely thus far and can leave in a no fuss heartbeat at moment's notice. I thank you for your gracious attention...
                      Constantly degrading great fighters and your fellow posters. Come on man. This shouldn’t be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X