Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Ward is very much in the driver's seat right now. And even though his resume is impressive and he appears to be the heir apperant to the P4P throne, his unwillingness to fight outside of America in the Super Six and only agreeing to fight Dawson if the light heavy champ drained himself and agreed to fight in Ward's backyard just doesn't smell right to me.
    Uhh, Chad called him out & said he'd go to 168 & he could make the weight comfortably. Nobody put a gun to that man's head - he asked for it & he sure got it. Don't put that on Ward.....
    Last edited by MASTER1454; 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Kessler is needing better opponents than Magee

Kessler quit against Ward the 1st fight and was embarrassed. Kessie is not in Ward league and I do not see this fight ever coming off again. Kessler is too soft to travel back into the USA and get whipped again in a career ending fight.

Comment

nonsense.. kessler wants no part of ward, just using his name to draw some attention to his next garbage fight. if he fights ward he will be on the other side of the mismatch though and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
          Kessler quit against Ward the 1st fight and was embarrassed. Kessie is not in Ward league and I do not see this fight ever coming off again. Kessler is too soft to travel back into the USA and get whipped again in a career ending fight.
          Kessler is too soft to travel to the US and fight Ward? Didn't he just ask for exactly that? Ward's a great, great fighter and I don't believe he's soft, but his reluctance to leave California tarnishes his rep a little.

And the Dawson thing - why did Chad say he'd do that? because it's the only way he could get Ward to step up. Whatever happened to 'anyone, anywhere, anytime'?

Comment

The problem with Ward, while the best in his division, has guys out there like Bute, Froch, and Kessler who make mountains of money in their hometowns. If Ward would stop being stubborn and travel to enemy territory, win or lose, he could be set up for a much bigger payday.

Comment

Ward was technically a prospect when he dominated Kessler.

Comment

Kessler is right, ward needs to stop fighting exclusively in Oakland... there's money in places other than Oakland for ward

Comment

Originally posted by mrvelez View Post
                  The problem with Ward, while the best in his division, has guys out there like Bute, Froch, and Kessler who make mountains of money in their hometowns. If Ward would stop being stubborn and travel to enemy territory, win or lose, he could be set up for a much bigger payday.
                  Kessler made more money fighting Allan Green than Ward made fighting Chad Dawson.

Comment

When Kessler was the champ, he was courageous to go to Oakland, where he lost by deliberate headbutts from Andre "Son of Goat" Ward.

The pampered and protected Andre Ward will never fight outside the USA, because he's afraid a referee in another country might enforce the rules and not permit him to use illegal tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmagicj View Post
                      Gtfoh. Fighters come to America to make it big. Not the other way around. What does he have to prove by going over to Denmark to fight? People act like he has been winning razor thin decisions in Oakland (and Atlantic City) where there is all this controversy around his victories. Last time i checked he blew all these guys out the water. It's crazy! He sells out the Oakland Arena and now people want him to fight somewhere else, but in the Andre Berto thread people are calling Berto a dud because he cant sell out in his home state. Jesus Christ! I didn't hear Ward say a damn thing about refusing to fight outside of Oakland. He just has a good management team and fights in the same country where the premium networks who air his fight are based out of... Guess what folks? HBO and Showtime are American TV networks. 99% of the fights that are seen on these networks are fought in America.

And are we talking about the SAME Chad Dawson who called out Ward after looking like **** against BHop? I mean, the man just said after the fight on national TV he was willing to come down and take Ward's belts. I dont really care what was said at the negotiating table, Dawson made it CLEAR he was willing to come down, and was classy enough in defeat not to use weight as an excuse, because even if it WAS the reason he lost, he made the mistake of saying he was more than willing to go down to 168, and talked **** about how it wouldnt affect him in the build up. So guess what? He took his L like a man. Wish Kessler could do the same thing.

The same Kessler who had eye issues and didnt finish the damn tournament! If you wanted to fight Ward so bad you shouldve finished the super six you flake.
                      This pretty much sums it up....this thread can be closed now.

Comment

Working...
                      X