Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Golovkin vs Lara now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a close fight stylistically that I favor GGG in, for any version of them.

I'm not some fairweather fan who rates fighters lower/higher based on one fight result or even two, unless it was truly significant. Golovkin also won and didn't lose each of the Canelo fights, so his stock hasn't dropped at all in my book. Robberies and terrible decisions don't affect what I think of a fighter, in the same way decisions that reflect what happened accurately do.

Lara, in the same way, I have always rated highly and he also got robbed against Canelo, I still rate Canelo below both of them, his gift decisions and low ring IQ and ordinary style have never done much for me, I watch his fights because he is an opponent of a fighter I am interested in, I never seek out his fights because of who he is, which is overrated, and not a true natural draw like Golden Boy tries to force him to be.

Both Lara and GGG are high ring IQ fighters with no real holes in their game, it would be a good chess match.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      You cant duck a fighter who is not rated in the division you are in and never fought in the division you are in. Look up Lara's division.
      Yeah you can, specially when you claimed 154 to 168 and the 54 guy calls you out then what?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Lil g gets lit up like a Christmas tree
        Why is GGG your user name if you hate him and call him lil g and don't even think he could beat loser Lara? That's weird. Don't you think GGG would KO that little newcomer Lara just fought a draw with? If you don't you need to find a new sport because you have no understanding of boxing.

Comment

When it comes to Lara vs GGG let me put it this way. GGG is still even today rated between the 3rd to the 7th best pound for pound boxer in the world as a middleweight by all major reputable lists such as Ring Magazine, ESPN, Boxing Scene, HBO, Boxrec etc. Lara has never at anytime in his career been rated a top 10 pound for pound best boxer at 154 by any of them. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            You cant duck a fighter who is not rated in the division you are in and never fought in the division you are in. Look up Lara's division.
            No but if your claim to fame is being someone willing to fight Anyone from 54 to 68 and you get called out by someone @54 and you fight someone @ 47 instead... wouldn’t you consider that ducking??? Go ahead I’d love to here your response

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
              Yeah you can, specially when you claimed 154 to 168 and the 54 guy calls you out then what?
              No but if your claim to fame is being someone willing to fight Anyone from 54 to 68 and you get called out by someone @54 and you fight someone @ 47 instead... wouldn’t you consider that ducking??? Go ahead I’d love to here your response
              Calling out on twitters and boxingscene is not promoters and managers reaching out to negotiate a fight. That happens behind the scenes. And on top of that, fighters beg for a fight and then set their price too high. No one here knows when and how all the details of negotiations occur, what causes a fight to fall through early during negotiations or never get to that point.

And on top of that, the fact is that aside from guys like Mayweather and Vitali, fighters are bound to contract with the promoter who is the one who chooses the opponent, acquires the site, and licensing for a fight, puts up the money, it is not the fighter who does any of that. That is a fact that a promoter, even a fight promoter who has visited this site would tell you.

Boxing is all about the money and timing and that is what drives decisions in boxing at all levels.

FYI, Tom Loeffler actually reached out to Team Lara as Luis Decubas jr even mentioned in an interview. On top of that, Decubas said GGG would have to fight on Showtime where Lara has spent his career, which obviously doesnt work. It was a non-starter and only a mega fight with huge money would get Showtime and HBO to a co-network deal.
              Last edited by richardt; 03-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I see them as 2 guys who beat CONelo.

Comment

Overrated vs. quitter

I pick the overrated to win.

Comment

Same way I saw it 4 to 5 years ago, Golovkin stops him between rounds 8-10.

Comment

Most absurd logic ever. So if Ishe smith calls out ggg he ducked him lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X