Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Erislandy Lara ever get his just due?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s undefeated in my eyes. Edged Canelo, clearly beat Williams, Hurd, and Castano. But that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

Comment

I thought Lara won last night but he has no one to blame but himself for not being given more credit.

After the Canelo fight he went 3-4 years fighting nothing but garbage men.

He's past it now too, his legs are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        Lara literally hasn't lost a fight yet in my eyes, its crazy. The closest he's ever come to losing was the Vanes fight. Now he's older, hes visibly lost a step or two, and still fighting at an elite level.

Man oh man, what a shame. He should be top 3 p4p atm.
        I only had him losing the Hurd fight. I scored the Molina and Canelo fights draws though.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
          Oh definitely. Lara would be top 3 on everybody's p4p list if weren't for bad judging. Here's the question though, do you think it's simply bad judging or can there be a little corruption and ageism going on?

Hurd, Canelo and Castano are much younger than Lara.
          I don't think it's corruption, I think it's un-appreciation of his style by judges. They don't see just how effective he is for some reason. It's like they find excuses to give other guys who fight him rounds just because. It's more so that they prefer the style of the other elite fighter standing in front of him, they don't see Lara's work as clearly.

I bet the fights look much closer from ringside, live then they do for us on television with clear angles and replays. We can clearly see Lara winning, but its harder to tell from the judges perspective. They get caught up and swayed by the smoke and mirrors of Lara's opponents, if the opponent is a good enough fighter.

Comment

I haven’t seen this fight so can’t judge, I thought his “Loss” to Williams was disgraceful, I didn’t think he deserves anything but a loss against Canelo for the way he fought. I thought the Hurd was a draw but I don’t have any issues with him not getting the win.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
              Paul Williams, Canelo Alvarez, Jarrett Hurd and now Brian Castano.

What the hell happened to our sport? The sport where skills payed the bills. When it was about hit and not get hit?

Yeah what happened, right?

Lara landing only 5% of the jabs and only landing 16% of his overall punches vs Castano, getting outlanded 195:130.

Lara basically just hit air all night and got lit up by a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                the "defensive wiazar" got out thrown and out landed

castaño won this, they just save lara's ass for one or two more fights
                Originally posted by Jubei View Post

Yeah what happened, right?

Lara landing only 5% of the jabs and only landing 16% of his overall punches vs Castano, getting outlanded 195:130.

Lara basically just hit air all night and got lit up by a contender.

See post #26

Comment

It’s the name of the game. Only Ivan Calderon fights I remember are the ones he got smashed in.

Lara has only himself to blame outside the Paul Williams fight for losing those fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X