Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Joshua excused for losing to Ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    Even if Ruiz had showed up in the same or better condition, Joshua had the technique and stamina to do what he couldn't before.
    I'm not so sure, and what pisses me off the most is we will never know. Ruiz jacked it all up. I'm not a huge fan or hater of any of the heavyweights. Can see their different strengths and weaknesses. A few times on Saturday AJ got hit, want to say the 4th round. He looked lost again for a minute. If Ruiz was prepared for this fight i don't know If AJ could have pulled it off.

I know AJ wouldn't stand and trade, I saw he was able to avoid it Saturday and I was impressed. But if Ruiz cut off the ring a bit and piled on some hard body shots, could AJ have kept on his bike. Guess we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      Lol. ONLY because he obliterated AJ the first fight. Come on now Robbie i expect better out of you. Be honest Ruiz isnt good. You just called him a vastly inferior fighter. Lets stick to it
      See above. You can't pick and choose when you want to use rankings and not.

Ortiz has been in the rankings living off a Jennings win for years. Why wouldn't Ruiz be ranked for beating Joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        See above. You can't pick and choose when you want to use rankings and not.

Ortiz has been in the rankings living off a Jennings win for years. Why wouldn't Ruiz be ranked for beating Joshua?
        Ok robbie youre right. Thank you for FINALLY admitting Wilder is better than AJ. Because rankings DONT lie and are 100% accurate. Wilder is ranked #1

Everyone is a witness Robbie is saying Wilder is the #1 HW in the WORLD!

Comment

Because Joshua actually proved himself he's had title defenses and how many do ruiz have lol ruiz will always be looked at as a fat pig who was a fill in and got lucky.just keeping it 100.but he can change that by getting in shape and being able to adjust to any fighting style

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            Ok robbie youre right. Thank you for FINALLY admitting Wilder is better than AJ. Because rankings DONT lie and are 100% accurate. Wilder is ranked #1

Everyone is a witness Robbie is saying Wilder is the #1 HW in the WORLD!
            Who's rankings? Everybody had Ruiz top 3. Does everybody have Wilder #1?

Comment

Barrett, i really don't think this lopez guy is sober when he's posting Lopez_Boxing .Ha

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                It seems like everyone is back on Joshua’s d!ck after his win over Ruiz.

Why? Why is Joshua excused for losing to a guy who:

...Wasn’t ranked in the top 10 by anyone before he beat Joshua?

...se biggest win prior to Joshua was a toss up between Liakvovich or Dimitrenko

... was dropped by Top Rank a few fights ago

... has had a long history with not being in shape

I couldn’t even imagine the reaction of Wilder or Fury lost to an unranked heavyweight. They would never be forgiven.
                Is anyone pretending it didn't happen?

The guy took criticism for the last six months because he lost to Ruiz.

He was the consensus number one prior to that loss. It's not a concensus opinion now.

His resume has lost some of its shine.

His detractors have something to point to.

There'll always be question marks about his chin.

Want to know if I think he's the best heavyweight? Yeah, I do. He's taken more risks, beaten better fighters, unified the division, shown the ability to adapt his style to fights, can box and can bang.

No-one is forgetting that he lost to Ruiz. You just want to pretend that the positives about his career don't exist.

Comment

and? So you want to use rankings when it suits your agenda and dismiss them when it doesn't?
                  No, I’m just pointing out that the guy only became ranked for beating Joshua and then lost to him in the immediate rematch.

There’s a chance he’s not very good at all.

This happens all the time with upsets.

Comment

Every reputable ranking service does have Wilder ranked over Joshua now.

Comment

Same reason Lewis is excused for losing to Rahman. Anyone can get caught and hurt in boxing by an inferior fighter. Joshua proved he's far above Ruiz.
                      But Lewis brutally stopped Rahman in the rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X