Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teofimo Lopez and Lomachenko: Celebration Double Standard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Loma has been hated on plenty for his style - from in-ring taunts to celebrations. You haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
      It’s not the backflip it’s the swing he does over the opponent thing that’s pretty wack
      Yeah, it was standing over a KO'd opponent and pretending to scrape dirt with a shovel that made people angry, not the dancing or the backflip.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        Clearly racist hating on Lomachenko.
        Stay out of my thread you racist pig.

Comment

The president said, racists are fine people

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            When teo acted like he was shoveling dirt on magda I instantly wanted to see him humbled by loma for being such a douchebag. That being said Loma is as usual being given a pass because hes white & the media darling just like ggg was when he actually hit Lemuixe after he was down & has done all manner of dirty moves over the yrs during the fight & in celebration. I personally don't have a problem with Loma or anyone doing backflips or celebrating but they are no better or worse to most the sport in this regard & its just the usual media shills who are having double standards
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yeah, it was standing over a KO'd opponent and pretending to scrape dirt with a shovel that made people angry, not the dancing or the backflip.
              I think the difference between the two is very obvious.

Taunting a standing opponent= okay and requires skill to keep from getting countered, like it or not.

Tainting a down opponent= require no skill or balls and is classless.

Very simple concept.

Comment

The backflip is a celebration. I never saw anyone complain when Teo did that. When teo acted like he was shoveling dirt on Magdaleno is when I and a lot of other people got pissed off, it's completely different.

Or we can make it another race thing, I guess.

Comment

Hmm Im sure Teo’s ACL & MCL only have a certain amount of flips before one pops in live television. Then what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                    Stay out of my thread you racist pig.
                    boxingisgreat, looks like you got an alt

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                      This article, https://www.boxingscene.com/lopez-im...what-i--138142, which was recently featured on this site starts off with the following:

“TEOFIMO LOPEZ has left a sour taste in the mouths of many by celebrating his explosive victories with backflips and dances in front of his crestfallen opponents.”

Yet I don’t remember these same weirdos that have a problem with Teofimo Lopez’s celebrations having a problem with Lomachenko’s celebrations. I wonder why. No outrage when Lomachenko was doing a backflip in front of Roman Martinez or when he was taunting the overmatched Miguel Marriaga (moving up in weight and coming off of a loss) in the same manner Adrien Broner often taunts his opponents.

I’d love to hear the reasoning why Lopez and others are considered “disrespectful,” “arrogant,” etc., and why these same descriptions aren’t applied to Lomachenko.
                      One guy is doing the LOSER dance after the fight and the shovel touch in front of his opponent the other guy is just doing a backflip and then congragulating his opponent. If you can't see the difference then I feel sorry for mental state.

Comment

Working...
                      X