No announcement yet.

In Ring Proof Why The HBO Narratives Were Often BS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Ring Proof Why The HBO Narratives Were Often BS

Ivan Redkach gassed out early in fights at 140 pounds, often a sign of struggling to make weight, so when Devon Alexander fought him at 147 pounds, Alexander's training, Roy Jones Jr, apparently based his gameplan around Redkach gassing out after 4-5 rounds.

He didn't, because the fight was at 147, not 140. So I just wanted to highlight this to everyone that this is a perfect example of the detail and context Roy and Max often left out because they were blinded by bias towards cash cow fighters or American fighters or however it worked at HBO and with them specifically... With that being said, I appreciate Roy for teaching me a lot about boxing as a viewer, due to his honesty, which to his credit often shown through his pride, about his own experiences in the ring. But sometimes he would read the signs in the ring only one way due to his bias, and leave out context, along with Max, two peas in a pod. This is exactly the type of thing they would have left out in order to make Canelo, Floyd, Ward, etc, look good, or GGG, Kovalev, etc, look bad, and now there is proof in the ring that he does in fact sometimes miss key details like this, especially when he wants to believe something.
Working...
X