Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're fat can you build up a phase and be fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    The highlighted part of your post, is very bad advice.

This is why boxers compared to some other athletes in Olympic sports can be sometimes very unhealthy.

Lions & Tigers don't worry about calories, they eat when they are hungry 'And this same simple philosophy that should be applied within boxing' If you are training hard, then you will be need refuel your body with the raw materials it needs 'Which is plenty of food' All this individual needs to do, is make afew lifestyle changes such as? No fizzy drinks, no sweets, or cakes. And over time this small changes, couple with his training lifestyle will have a accumulative effect.
    A fat lion and a fat tiger needs to cut back. The bottom line is if he needs to drop weight, he needs to eat less calories. You COULD eat more and have less calories with proper nutrition but if he’s eating healthy, it doesnt matter if it’s 9000 “healthy” calories and he’s only working out an hour.

No fizzy drinks and all that is less calories/eating less. Some people can drive themselves crazy dropping weight and see no change because they dont make a change. If your weight isnt melting off despite exercises..it’s time to cut the calories. Me or you (assuming you’re not massively overweight) might be able to get away with eating anything within the common sense limits and be okay if we’re on his regiment. But the guy doesnt seem to be improving.

But I see what you mean with the eat less. Less calories, not volume (if you need it) but there has to be moderation when you’re overweight.

Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off is the hard part unless he changes his life.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      A fat lion and a fat tiger needs to cut back. The bottom line is if he needs to drop weight, he needs to eat less calories. You COULD eat more and have less calories with proper nutrition but if he’s eating healthy, it doesnt matter if it’s 9000 “healthy” calories and he’s only working out an hour.

No fizzy drinks and all that is less calories/eating less. Some people can drive themselves crazy dropping weight and see no change because they dont make a change. If your weight isnt melting off despite exercises..it’s time to cut the calories. Me or you (assuming you’re not massively overweight) might be able to get away with eating anything within the common sense limits and be okay if we’re on his regiment. But the guy doesnt seem to be improving.

But I see what you mean with the eat less. Less calories, not volume (if you need it) but there has to be moderation when you’re overweight.

Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off is the hard part unless he changes his life.
      Agreed with this.

Keeping weight can be easy if you enjoy your healthy lifestyle and aren’t starving yourself but are eating the right amounts and food with good nutrition

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
        Get the training done and you will just become fitter anyway. Train in the ways you are required to in boxing and forget about your body fat. You will lose weight and build up your stamina through your love and passion for boxing.
        This,I'm training my 18 year old son.He has lost a good 20 or so pounds given water weight and all that,in the last two months,if that.And is building muscle underneath his current fat,making this so far a success in weight loss AND it's his primary focus after graduating this in a month or so.Plus you will learn while doing it.Boxing will literally replace everything you listed.Now extra cardio is good,but don't go nut's and depending on your size and medical history please,please consult a Dr. first.All the best,mate!

Comment

Originally posted by StoneySwinger View Post
          This,I'm training my 18 year old son.He has lost a good 20 or so pounds given water weight and all that,in the last two months,if that.And is building muscle underneath his current fat,making this so far a success in weight loss AND it's his primary focus after graduating this in a month or so.Plus you will learn while doing it.Boxing will literally replace everything you listed.Now extra cardio is good,but don't go nut's and depending on your size and medical history please,please consult a Dr. first.All the best,mate!
          Training him to fight or just to lose weight?

Comment

I was in the midst of training for a marathon when I started going boxing again in my early twenties. Surprisingly because of the running, I had more cardio stamina than half the guys that went. This was endurance stamina however, not stamina for explosive or power based exercises. But it did help me to recover energy better and faster.

It was the best combination of training I've ever done in fact, I've never been fitter/healthier since, but it's just hard to find all the time now to train for both let alone one of them. I was single and starting out in my career in a pretty low-intensive job – managing 3 workouts a day.

Comment

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
              If I run around 4-5 times a week for 5 miles, do fitness swimming twice a week etc along with other workouts will I be able to build up my fitness and box without becoming tired if I'm fat?
              Why do you want to remain fat?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Training him to fight or just to lose weight?
                Both,teaching the basics before moving him on to a ring ready coach.He has done everything asked,I asked him do you want to just exercise with boxing with me or do you want a teacher who will motivate.He simply replied "Be my trainer" he follows everything.He works incredibly hard.It's become a close bond,he has already lost 20 pounds or so of fat in about 2 months,I want the weight loss slow to avoid leaving a bunch off loose skin,also while he has this extra weight is aided him in simple weight's the big three.Bench,deadlift,squat. Just twice a week,and for a short time,just helping build some power but not overtraining/under recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
                  If I run around 4-5 times a week for 5 miles, do fitness swimming twice a week etc along with other workouts will I be able to build up my fitness and box without becoming tired if I'm fat?
                  if you done all that training for a few months you wouldn't be fat, if you didnt eat more than you use.....

Comment

Working...
                  X