Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao keeping it real on Maidana, never defended 154.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    I don't know what's throwing you off here so let me try this one last time

Margarito and Pacquiao were not ranked at 154 Margarito was still suspended at the time from the Mosley fight neither campaign at 154

To put this in way you can understand since you keep bringing up Crawford this would be like Khan and Crawford fighting for 160 belt at a catchweight on April 20th

yea, you are onto it, as usual

the 154 thing.....

the WBC ranked Margarito at 154 for beating Roberto Garcia

he is the guy Martin Murray beat before losing to N'Jikam, or whatever his name is

I made a BIG deal out of it at the time

Pac fought a fat welterweight nobody.... at catchweight.... for a vacant 154 title.... using 8oz gloves.... and he did not defend it

so, much worse than Canelo/Fielding.... which was bad enough

also..... at that time, Pac said that he would fight anybody at 150..... Sergio Martinez said, ok lets go..... and that was the last we heard of 150 lol

fair enough, Pac was barely a welter..... but there was a bunch of bullshlt and shenanigans, I remember clearly

but yea, Pac's response in this vid is funny as hell

Comment

Pac is a 135lb boxer fighting at 147. Pac is a very very rare talent.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        Pac is a 135lb boxer fighting at 147. Pac is a very very rare talent.

nah, he's not

pacfans used to insist that Manny is a super-featherweight

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          nah, he's not

tbh I think Manny could still fight at 140 without having to drain himself. Hes a small welter but yeah hes no 135 pounder anymore that for sure

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            nah, he's not

If pac himself said that he can still make 135lbs then i believe him.

Comment

Baby llamas speak better English......

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Marg fought in Mexico at bar somewhere remember Margarito was still suspended, wasn't ranked at 154 Pacquiao obviously wasn't ranked at 154 how did that **** happen?

That's like Floyd fighting Broner for a vacant middleweight championship
                --- Dum and getting dummer.

TUE ducked Marg who was a ranked welter who had dabbled at 154 for all his career. He was on rings p4p for years as well.

Even semi retired he'd muller Bonehead today. The 154 title for manny was the set piece in his 8 div titles. He couldn't defend because he didn't like being bloated up by supplements.

The guy marg fought in Mexico while illegitimately suspended in the US was a prime fringe contender in a real fight, not a staged TUE farce in MGM.

Study up when you grow up.

Comment

Pac is right

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                    tbh I think Manny could still fight at 140 without having to drain himself. Hes a small welter but yeah hes no 135 pounder anymore that for sure

yea, he is probably still a 140lb'er / small welter

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                      If pac himself said that he can still make 135lbs then i believe him.

Pac said that he did not need rehab for a torn rotator cuff because of salt water healing

Comment

Working...
                      X