Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: NSB 2018 Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson Fury - great comeback, outclassed one of the most hyped fighters today in his own backyard in one of the biggest fights of the year

Usyk - he deserves it the most for becoming undisputed and winning WBSS

Comment

Oleksandr Usyk.

Defeated Murat Gassiev l, Mairis Breidis, and Tony Bellew on their own backyards to become the undisputed Cruiserweight fighter in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        true....

please post who did he beat as well....

resumes should matter in this decision making

for example (not saying usyk just sayin in general) you can fight a guy with a good record etc but he beat nothing but bums (literal) and hes undefeated fought 4 times etc has a few belts....

you know what I mean
        Beat undefeated Briedis, beat undefeated Gassiev, beat Tony Bellew for some big money....

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Very disrespectful.
          what exactly is your issue with my ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            T1. Maurice Hooker
            T1. Usyk
            3. Warrington
            4. mikey
            5. Loma
            Hooker lmao. Although im suprised u didnt put jermall on there 'he still got his 0 doe!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Hooker lmao. Although im suprised u didnt put jermall on there 'he still got his 0 doe!!!'
              Hooker won 2 road fights as an underdog if I am correct. Usyk won 3 road fights as a favorite. What exactly is wrong with them as tied for 1?

Then I have Warrington who you have as #1. I can’t see what issue you or anyone would have.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Hooker won 2 road fights as an underdog if I am correct. Usyk won 3 road fights as a favorite. What exactly is wrong with them as tied for 1?

Then I have Warrington who you have as #1. I can’t see what issue you or anyone would have.
                I think Hooker was a favorite vs. Saucedo and he didn't go that far from home in that one. Usyk's fights with Briedis and Gassiev were far more foreign territories and even Bellew was a better fighter than Flanagan.

Hooker would be in my top three for the year but there's no way he had an equal or better year than Usyk who not only did more on paper adding the IBF, WBA and WBC titles to his collection, but also looked far better against a much higher level of opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  Welcome to Boxingscene's NSB fighter of the year nominations and poll thread for the end of 2018.

Rules are gonna be pretty simple.

Nominate the fighters who you think should be fighter of the year and please state a simple reason as why (fighters beat, belts won/retianed etc)

Posters with less than 500 post counts dont bother voting they will not be counted (unless of course all/most of your posts where in 2018 if you are a new account holder etc)

You can nominate up to 3 fighters and then we can count them up and put the top 5 in the poll starting on monday the 31st and that poll will run until that saturday the 5th of january or that sunday the 6th.

and Yes it is ok to nominate a fighter even if they only fought once in 2018

1. Nelo for defeating the boogeyman GGG in a mexican style!

2. Fury for (IMHO) UD’ing Wilder after coming back from depressions and drugs.

3. Usyk for beating Briedis.

4. Wilder for beating Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    I think Hooker was a favorite vs. Saucedo and he didn't go that far from home in that one. Usyk's fights with Briedis and Gassiev were far more foreign territories and even Bellew was a better fighter than Flanagan.

Hooker would be in my top three for the year but there's no way he had an equal or better year than Usyk who not only did more on paper adding the IBF, WBA and WBC titles to his collection, but also looked far better against a much higher level of opponent.
                    No he was the underdog. Usyk definitely beat better comp but usyk was favored in all 3 fights where hooker was the underdog in both. Yea usyk did go to different countries so If you have usyk as foty I have no issue with that.

Comment

Usyk, not even close.
                      Breidis, Gassiev, Bellew
                      Won the tournament, undisputed champ and still went to a higher division to beat Bellew.

Comment

Working...
                      X