No announcement yet.

Let me say this one more time so ya'll can stop using it as an excuse for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    THERE IS NO CANELO REMATCH IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! THERE MAY NEVER BE ANOTHER CANELO FIGHT AT ALL!!!!!

The NSAC is asking for a 1 year suspension. It can be cut to 9 or 6 months depending on what Canelo does at the hearing

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17...pension-nevada

Canelo isn't attending the meeting in person, he'll be connected via phone. That's not a good look imo. Show up and throw yourself on the mercy of the commission. This is more arrogance by Canelo

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-d...ked-on--127150

And I said it before, Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff while GGG has been active. And since he got the knee surgery the chances of him fighting GGG coming off a year lay off and knee surgery is slim to none.

So stop with the excuse that GGG has to fight Vanes for the Canelo rematch in September. That rematch ain't happening in September and may not happen at all.
    The rematch may not happen agreed. That is from the outside looking in.They are proceeding on the chance that it may go through. They pretty much have to given the amount of money at stake. I noticed they are negotiating with Saunders for Sept. That's also a lucrative bout if its held in the UK. Too much money at stake for either fight to get derailed by a lose or injury.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Personally I think he's crazy to not show up unless he's OK with a year ban They aren't going to like it.
      Exactly, that's my line of thinking. I would want to show up and look them in the eyes (assuming I'm innocent) and let them know how big of a mistake it was and show remorse. As a 'judge', I'd be more inclined to throw the book at him for not having enough respect for the NSAC to even show up

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Exactly, that's my line of thinking. I would want to show up and look them in the eyes (assuming I'm innocent) and let them know how big of a mistake it was and show remorse. As a 'judge', I'd be more inclined to throw the book at him for not having enough respect for the NSAC to even show up
        Well G has always promised a Big Drama Show for his fights but I'm sure he didn't mean the **** Show that this turned into.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Well G has always promised a Big Drama Show for his fights but I'm sure he didn't mean the **** Show that this turned into.
          It's Big, it's got Drama...

We're just missing the Show on the 5th

Comment

GGG doesn't need any excuses. His last two title defenses were hard against the two best middleweights in the world and he was about to have another hard title defense against Canelo. Now he will have an easy title defense. So what? All champions make easy title defenses sometimes and no champion fighting today fights the best challenger every single title defense.Name a champion who fights his toughest challenger every title defense and I'll prove you wrong and show you he had one or more title defenses against guys who were not the best challenger. If GGG fights a weak opponent in his next fight that would be bad but I am sure he won't do that.

Comment

Hopkins never fought a bum for his title defenses.
              Hakkar was a real championship fight. Hakkar was probably the best there ever was.
              Just a few fights before he fought someone so famous that even boxrec throws it hands in the air saying 'fúck if I know'
              http://boxrec.com/en/event/17090/288129

A real defense, I tell you.

Comment

whos made that excuse? if hes fighting vanes its just to shake off some ring rust and stay busy. he'll have a big fight at the end of the year, believe me. I reckon saunders would fancy the job finally.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  GGG doesn't need any excuses. His last two title defenses were hard against the two best middleweights in the world and he was about to have another hard title defense against Canelo. Now he will have an easy title defense. So what? All champions make easy title defenses sometimes and no champion fighting today fights the best challenger every single title defense.Name a champion who fights his toughest challenger every title defense and I'll prove you wrong and show you he had one or more title defenses against guys who were not the best challenger. If GGG fights a weak opponent in his next fight that would be bad but I am sure he won't do that.
                  yeah ive asked that question before and unsurprisingly didnt get an answer. the vast majority of champs follow a pattern of hard fight, easy fight and repeat. your lucky if someone has two hard fights in a row and then an easy one. but when its golovkin everything goes out the window, hes not even allowed an easy stand in opponent, he has to go up to 168 to fight zurdo (yes ive really read that from multiple posters)

Comment

THERE IS NO CANELO REMATCH IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! THERE MAY NEVER BE ANOTHER CANELO FIGHT AT ALL!!!!!

The NSAC is asking for a 1 year suspension. It can be cut to 9 or 6 months depending on what Canelo does at the hearing

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17...pension-nevada

Canelo isn't attending the meeting in person, he'll be connected via phone. That's not a good look imo. Show up and throw yourself on the mercy of the commission. This is more arrogance by Canelo

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-d...ked-on--127150

And I said it before, Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff while GGG has been active. And since he got the knee surgery the chances of him fighting GGG coming off a year lay off and knee surgery is slim to none.

So stop with the excuse that GGG has to fight Vanes for the Canelo rematch in September. That rematch ain't happening in September and may not happen at all.
                    MCC, they put Canelo in the hospital, saying he had a cyst on his knee that was removed, and then they took pics to try and prove it. They didn’t want Clenelo showing up all Swollen traps and ish....they would give him 10 years, State time! Lol

Comment

Naw, I'm using common sense. The same commons sense I used to deduce Keith Thurman wasn't fighting in May. Try using commons sense sometimes. Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff and knee surgery while GGG has been active.
                      I get what you are saying and you MAY very well be correct but what you are missing, I think, is that it doesn't make sense to go forward till those facts are in. If September can be done then it should be the number one priority for both sides. We won't know for awhile yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X