This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Sarri is a good coach Sparked. Objectively speaking it wouldn't be possible for his previous sides to play the calibre of football they did without top-class coaching.

In the case of Chelsea it looks like he could be the latest victim in a very long line of lambs to who have gone to slaughter in favour of retaining deadwood playing staff. Interesting to see who the next lamb will be.
    Nah, I would like you to read this article and tell me what you think. I believe its not only alarming about Sarri but pretty damning to him as a coach.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-...uture-15817778

I dont think Sarri is that good of a coach at all. If what is said in the article is true, Sarri isnt a very good manager at all, he's probably a Roberto Martinez level coach with an attractivr philosophy.

Maybe even less than Martinez because Martinez at least won something with Wigan. Sarri has won nothing at all even with his 92 pts, he could have at least scrapped a domestic cup if they were so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
      the only thing worse than chelsea fans are man city fans tbf.
      You will switch up when the Scouse when the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        You will switch up when the Scouse when the league.
        I doubt it, Shaqiri is a little ***** urchin with the most punchable face of all time.

either way the coys are winning it this year bud

Comment

• El Fenemeno still sucking Sarri's dick because Napoli gave City a tough couple of games years ago . Couldn't have put it better myself.

You're embarassing yourself by doubling down on this nonsense.

Embarassing.

Comment

• Nice i wager a small bet that both games are gonna end 0-0 during half-time.

Anyway can we swap Crapginho with Mahrez please so we can get rid of Willian and Pedro? We need a left footed winger to cut inside. Hudson-Odoi can come off the bench at every game then.

A former POTS like Mahrez doesn't deserve to sit on the bench.

Hopefully Zola to be caretaker till end of season then Zidane will take over next season.

Comment

• You know what? Fenomeno was right about one thing. Kante cant work in this sort of system.

Fenomeno said it a few times about Kante not worth replacing any of City's mids because of his lack of offensive skill and its true.

Say what you want about Jorgi but Kante is actually the weak part of this current midfield. Maybe Chelsea as a whole cant play this way and Sarri is an average coach but he was right about that at least.

Put Modric there instead of Kante and I dont think United have their way in that last game.

Comment

• I thought Juve literally drew or lost the first 8 or 9 games one season and still managed to beat Napoli for the league.. even after the massive head start

Comment

• Suarez has gotten old and is no longer a player for Barcelona.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    I thought Juve literally drew or lost the first 8 or 9 games one season and still managed to beat Napoli for the league.. even after the massive head start
                    you got it right, Juve was stranded at 14th in the first 10week.
                    but actually the biggest loser that season is inter not napoli, inter are mid season capolista with confortable margin then they got into their annualy winter slump. it was brutal slump, i remember they have only 1 win through jan-feb.

idk what problem inter have winter, it's quite funny lurking at inter forum this time in year.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      You know what? Fenomeno was right about one thing. Kante cant work in this sort of system.

Fenomeno said it a few times about Kante not worth replacing any of City's mids because of his lack of offensive skill and its true.

Say what you want about Jorgi but Kante is actually the weak part of this current midfield. Maybe Chelsea as a whole cant play this way and Sarri is an average coach but he was right about that at least.

Put Modric there instead of Kante and I dont think United have their way in that last game.
                      Just doesn’t work. I think we do have good midfielders.

Drop the defensive line 20 metres.

Kante base of the midfield, Kovacic, RLC box to box.

But then Alonso is a real issue at the minute. He’s banging out 2/10 performances week in week out. So we probably need to switch to a 5 because we’re getting caught in no man’s land. Emerson isn’t that much better and was also signed as a wing back.

The press is just wrong. We can’t do it.

But Jorginho can’t do it. Hazard can’t do it. Willian can’t do it. Higuian can’t do it. Giroud would need a Segway to do do it. Alonso can’t do it. Barkley actually works extremely hard but he doesn’t really know when to go.

The thing is I don’t even think his vaunted Napoli team would finish in top 4 in England anyway whose to say they would. And their press was probably never as effective as the better teams that did/do it anyway.

They get away with it in Italy where teams play Defensively.

Jorginho was sussed out in 2 months and teams know Chelsea’s press is off. Two passes and you’re in on the back 4.

I don’t like that style anyway. It was different for a while and when we went on our streak you start to rationalise and think if you give Hazard the ball closer to goal he’ll do more. But unfortunately that’s all our team want to do.

But Pep’s Barca are the shining beacon of that style and I hated watching them. When perfected that pressure cooker possession style just seems to have no spontaneity.

If you drop the defensive line you automatically become a counter attacking team and rely on instinctive attackers. Which is an easier skill.

Willian is a great counter attacker. He’s rubbish with time on his hands.

Really Kante should never be ahead of the ball imo.

Chelsea could essentially be Spurs with these players. Is my belief.

A lot of easy fixes. Of course Spurs have a few better players in key areas, centre half, attacking midfield and striker but they should at least be nip and tuck with Spurs and United.

The table says a point but the table is bull**** at the moment. There’s only one way Chelsea are going.

But anyone could come in and improve Chelsea at this point including the tea lady.

Sarri himself could if he dropped the defensive line and only pressed in our own half against better teams. But that abandons his ‘football’ and he’s so arrogant that he’d rather be humiliated twice more before he gets the bullet.

I don’t even think we should have to pay this one off. He’s been negligent
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-20-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X