No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Mostly 2 things; Treasure hunting and killing gang members. I did most of that by traveling off the main paths. All the good stuff, the special monuments containing treasure, the gang camps, etc is found just off the roads. Watch your minmap and check out EVERY building.

Use the "eagle eye" frequently as it shows you where loot is (not just animals). Doing that completely changed the game for me.

The Murfee Brood aren't worth killing unless you need ammo but ODriscolls and the other dudes in Louisiana all have watches and jewelery you sell to fences, as well as ammo. I've killed hundreds of them. I'll run two sawed off shotguns and run right into their camp, use dead eye, and blow them all away before they can draw their weapons. You don't get in trouble for killing gang members either.

I didn't really commit all that many crimes in getting that 5k and I don't play all day either. The couple murder sprees I did do racked up two $300 bounties but I had the money to pay them off so I did.
    i dont even look for the treasure, i have no clue where to go based off the map and dont wanna 'cheat' by looking online.. ill just stay broke

Comment

• Online Beta is up. Saw the wife playing it last night and it looked cool AF. She created her character and went on a horse rustling mission where she and only one other player survived. Can't wait to jump into that.

Comment

• Anybody still playin online? Less than enthused about what Ive seen so far. What im earning all this money for? Guns and ammo?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Anybody still playin online? Less than enthused about what Ive seen so far. What im earning all this money for? Guns and ammo?
          I didn't get into the online part because Rockstar made it pay to win. The first few hours I did play were fun and the stories were really cool but I know I'm just going to get frustrated when I start running into people who have ridiculous competitive advantages so I just play the campaign a little every week or two. Enjoying it slowly like a fine wine. Finding all the hidden stuff.

For multiplayer, I games like Gears of War where everyone is on a level playing field and its just skill and intelligence that decides who wins.

Comment

• Anyone gave up on RDR2 Online? I pretty much stopped playing it 2 months ago. I will give it less than 2 years until Rockstar shuts down its servers for not having enough revenue to keep it going. They tried making it another GTA online, but it failed miserably.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              1 more month, this is gonna be game of the year, maybe game of the decade
              This post reminds me of Larry talking about Broner back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                This post reminds me of Larry talking about Broner back in the day.
                except i was right lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  except i was right lol
                  It won some GOTY awards, I think a couple but God of War won 2018 game of the year almost unanimously. At least by any gaming publication that matters. The Game Awards, IGN, Polygon, Game Informer, Famitsu, Destructoid, Gamesradar, Time, Game Developers Choice, D.I.C.E., SXSW Gaming Awards, etc.

RDR2 got it from Gamespot, USgamer, Game Revolution.

The biggest stage though is The Game Awards, it's like the Oscars of gaming, and GoW won that.

This is why I find it amusing when some people say Fortnite won game of the year for 2018, just because some obscure gaming website gave it to them and it was reported and passed around.

Comment

• And if it was for the most part, beaten for GOTY, it's unlikely it'll win GOTD.

Comment

• RDR2 changed how open world games will be done, forever. Will is a straight ******. If it was a British game he would figure out a way to give it oral.

Comment

Working...
                      X