Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weight class do you see Canelo topping off at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    those would be solid wins but non of them are elit,so my point stands.
    You don't know that they are not. The truth is that we often don't recognize whether or not a fighter is elite till after they have had an opportunity to prove it. The fighters I mentioned are all potentially elite. The fighter who rises to the top of that group will almost certainly be recognized as elite, e.g. Ward and the super 6.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
      it's easy when you got the judges paid off lol. no fighter will get a fair shake against clenelo and you know it.
      didnt ggg pick the judges and the ref for the second fight..mexican style doe...

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        didnt ggg pick the judges and the ref for the second fight..mexican style doe...
        you have a link to suggest that he did?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          you have a link to suggest that he did?
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/boxing/canelo-ggg-promoters-had-say-in-judges-for-rematch/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjHjaeX8vLdAhVM04MKHY6tCkYQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0VNhyGZPGPXMfX-IX_Kgrz&ampcf=1

Comment

Canelo can outbox Chickenson at 175.

Comment

You don't know that they are not. The truth is that we often don't recognize whether or not a fighter is elite till after they have had an opportunity to prove it. The fighters I mentioned are all potentially elite. The fighter who rises to the top of that group will almost certainly be recognized as elite, e.g. Ward and the super 6.
              BJS and Jacobs are tested and not elite , rest of them have slim chances to be elit. Canelo will be most probably on the top of that group,and he cant beat himself.

Comment

Hes a legit middleweight, I think 168 he can grow into and probably max out at. For 175 I think he would have to cherry pick to be successful.

I agree that his frame isnt suited for 168 or 175. He has good pop at 160 but its going to be less of an affect as he moves up. I think he can overcome his size and power disadvantages at 168 with his speed and reflexes.

If he decides to grow into 168, I could see him having problems going back down to 160 for a big fight.

The thing with 168-175 is where you got a lot of guys that are 6ft to 6'2'' with a big reach, big power ect. canelo will really struggle at that point. Imagine him trying to outbox someone like prime Tarver or prime Chad dawson, hes too small.

Heres a general idea:

Canelo 5-9'', 70.5" reach
                GGG 5-10.5, 70"

Hopkins 6'-1'', 75" reach
                Tarver 6-2, 75"
                Dawson 6-1, 76.5"
                Ward 6-0, 71"
                Kovalev 6-0, 72.5"
                Last edited by elfag; 10-06-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/boxing/canelo-ggg-promoters-had-say-in-judges-for-rematch/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjHjaeX8vLdAhVM04MKHY6tCkYQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0VNhyGZPGPXMfX-IX_Kgrz&ampcf=1
                  You exaggerate more than a little bit.

Comment

If he maintains his discipline in between bouts at 160 he'll have an easier time making weight. If he blows up to 180+ and has to shed 20+ twice a year he will loose his health and strength as he gets older.
                    He wants the Dec. bout so he can stay close to weight and get away with 3 or 4 + pounds.
                    The 168 fight is very smart, he stays active has a shot at more belts (bull sh*!) but he must like it! The fans buy anything with a belt they do believe in wrastlin' too!

If the GGG rematch comes around he can have 5 months off (168 bout in the beginning of Dec.) before a date is secured. (5 month space would be dec thru april)

At 5'8" he can campaign at 160 easily. Boxing has had terrific middleweights from 5'8" to 5'10". Once you start giving away height (6 foot) and more importantly reach with power than it gets sticky. He's probably 70 inch reach so giving away 4 to 6" to a guy who has ability can be a disadvantage.
                    He has learned how to roll under and come up punching but he needs more work at the pressure style and turning pivots.
                    He has learned more than any other fighter in the time period he fought Floyd.

Ray
                    Last edited by Ray Corso; 10-06-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

You exaggerate more than a little bit.

Bennett’s pool of judges for the second Alvarez-Golovkin bout included Burt Clements, Julie Lederman, John McKaie and Nelson Vazquez.

“I think this time around we have a great set of judges,” Sanchez said

Comment

Working...
                      X