Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn saying if no unification next with Wilder,then Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typical hearn.."if this doesn't happen(which we aren't really gonna pursue) this is what well try to do"....big shock youll go after another guy you have and will fight on DAZN when told...

Comment

I thought Usyk can only be WBO #1 mandatory if he immediately calls it when he moves up. If he has a fight before that, he loses that option. No?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I thought Usyk can only be WBO #1 mandatory if he immediately calls it when he moves up. If he has a fight before that, he loses that option. No?
        In theory you're correct, but the WBO recently has done whatever Hearn wanted them to do in terms of heavyweight.

When Hearn wanted Povetkin to be WBO mandatory in addition to WBA mandatory, the WBO made Povetkin mandatory. Then Hearn didn't want Povetkin to be WBO mandatory, so the WBO suddenly decided Povetkin wasn't the mandatory anymore.

Hearn's only problem is that now that Arum/Warren are gunning for the WBO belt at heavyweight, the WBO may not be as inclined to play along with Hearn's latest whim. So if the Usyk fight doesn't happen soon. Arum/Warren may insist Fury is the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          In theory you're correct, but the WBO recently has done whatever Hearn wanted them to do in terms of heavyweight.

When Hearn wanted Povetkin to be WBO mandatory in addition to WBA mandatory, the WBO made Povetkin mandatory. Then Hearn didn't want Povetkin to be WBO mandatory, so the WBO suddenly decided Povetkin wasn't the mandatory anymore.

Hearn's only problem is that now that Arum/Warren are gunning for the WBO belt at heavyweight, the WBO may not be as inclined to play along with Hearn's latest whim. So if the Usyk fight doesn't happen soon. Arum/Warren may insist Fury is the mandatory.

Arum just needs to remind WBO "Bros before Hoes"

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Arum just needs to remind WBO "Bros before Hoes"
            Yes, essentially. Arum and Warren already had so much WBO power separately, now that they're working together, it'll be tough for the WBO to go against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              typical hearn.."if this doesn't happen(which we aren't really gonna pursue) this is what well try to do"....big shock youll go after another guy you have and will fight on DAZN when told...
              Wilder not gotta make any offers then? He's the one with the PPV network, which you all tell us the fight makes more money on.

Did you hear Wilder being the one that says he's waiting for the fight to be worth more?

How you still blaming Hearn?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Maybe he can fight Povetkin then? I mean doubt he gets Whyte/Wilder/Fury, so what would be a solid opponent for him? Ortiz?
                I would say Parker or Whyte would be perfect second and final prep fight.

But I dunno if it is possible promoter wise.

Huguie Fury or pulev then...

Comment

Usyk is not mandatory until 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talkspo...andr-usyk/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Usyk is a supreme talent but not the biggest of punchers so I'm interested in seeing how he deals with the bigger HWs who won't stop coming. His activity and pace would wear CWs out mentally and physically but can he do the same at HW? Definitely is the most skilled HW out there. Would have loved to see him fight Povetkin next. But if he dominates Takam, that's still a nice statement. Takam is a tough dude who was winning damn near every round against Chisora before he got stopped. And Chisora shortly after was beating Whyte on most's scorecards up until the stoppage.

Usyk probably would need one more solid win after Takam, but then let him loose against ANY HW.
                    Usyk is 6"3 which is quite ok for Josh 6"6 I thought he was only 6"2.

He will need to be faster than josh and pack a respectable punch...then we have a fight...

Comment

Who has Wilder beaten anywhere near as good as Usyk?

Comment

Working...
                      X