Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez Unfazed By Criticism of Golovkin's Title Defense Streak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the biggest names in both their reigns combined is Tito and Oscar...

and i would've picked GGG to beat both Tito and Oscar at 160 as well.

you cant fault him for not fighting Sturm either. we can't penalize a guy for being ducked.

i don't see either of their reigns as better than the other.

the second best name between them is Daniel Jacobs.

Comment

Really no comparison. GGG was a clean fighter, Hopkins never was drug tested in his career. Hopkins refused drug testing even in his most recent fights which tells you the guy has been using peds his entire career.

GGG resume is at worst on par with Hopkins whose middleweight reign had draws and losses and the best victories were welterweights .

GGG has, along with Usyk and Lomachenko got the entire African American population in a rage because in a sport their people put their entire culture into, white fighters are the best of the best in boxing today as

GGG ring mag #1 espn #2
      Lomachenko espn #1 ring #2
      Usyk ring mag and espn #4

Running boxing

Comment

I remember Hopkins defending the belt vs blown up Simon Brown and a no Hoper named Raul Frank lol! Hopkins lost to the best opponents he fought at 160 that were similar sized.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          JDJ (at 32), Glen "The Road Warrior" Johnson (at 32), Trinidad (at 36), De La Hoya (at 39), Tarver (at 41), Winky Wright (at 42), Pavlik (at 43), Pascal (at 46), Tavaris Cloud (at 48)! 67 fights! 55 wins! SALUTE TO B-HOP! There will never be another!
          Im trying to determine where to place Canelo and GGG in that list??? They clealry are nehind Trinidad and Oscar. Probably even Pavlik.

Can you do that list fro. best to worst?? and include Canelo/Jacobs.

thanks!

Comment

William Joppy was that eras Andre Berto an overrated bum that couldn't punch or take a punch. Only reason why Trinidad won a belt at 160. Neither Oscar nor Tito were elite middleweights . Oscar got embarrassed by Felix Saturn but they robbed him so Hopkins could fight a blown up lightweight Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              I remember Hopkins defending the belt vs blown up Simon Brown and a no Hoper named Raul Frank lol! Hopkins lost to the best opponents he fought at 160 that were similar sized.
              Did you NOT just see who GGG fought??? And you have the nerve selectively pick who you want to make fun of on Hops resume???

Comment

Abel hit the nail on the head. Everybody's going to have an opinion. Lloyd Banks said it best "If they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up."

https://teespring.com/gennady-ggg-go...2397&sid=front

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Im trying to determine where to place Canelo and GGG in that list??? They clealry are nehind Trinidad and Oscar. Probably even Pavlik.

Can you do that list fro. best to worst?? and include Canelo/Jacobs.

thanks!
                  Tarver, Winky, Pavlik, Pascal, and Cloud were not MW fights. Honestly, Felix and Oscar didn't do much at MW either! It's like trying to rank Mayweather as a Super Welterweight. Yeah, he won belts, but he really wasn't a 154lb. fighter. Now based on talent level, WITH JUST THE GUYS I MENTIONED, here you go:

1) Bernard Hopkins
                  2) Oscar De La Hoya
                  3) Felix Trinidad
                  4) GGG
                  5) Winky Wright
                  6) Canelo
                  7) Tarver
                  8) Pavlik
                  9) Pascal
                  10) Cloud

I know Felix won, but Oscar was better, and should've won, but he got way too conservative, way too early! Canelo can jump to the 4 spot by beating GGG, and GGG could fall to the 6 spot if he loses to Canelo! If GGG beats Canelo, I would move him to the 3 spot!

Comment

Two things:

1. Defenses of the WBA "regular" title don't count. Sorry.

2. Hopefully Canelo wins to make this a moot point anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Tarver, Winky, Pavlik, Pascal, and Cloud were not MW fights. Honestly, Felix and Oscar didn't do much at MW either! It's like trying to rank Mayweather as a Super Welterweight. Yeah, he won belts, but he really wasn't a 154lb. fighter. Now based on talent level, WITH JUST THE GUYS I MENTIONED, here you go:

1) Bernard Hopkins
                      2) Oscar De La Hoya
                      3) Felix Trinidad
                      4) GGG
                      5) Winky Wright
                      6) Canelo
                      7) Tarver
                      8) Pavlik
                      9) Pascal
                      10) Cloud

I know Felix won, but Oscar was better, and should've won, but he got way too conservative, way too early! Canelo can jump to the 4 spot by beating GGG, and GGG could fall to the 6 spot if he loses to Canelo! If GGG beats Canelo, I would move him to the 3 spot!
                      wow thanks!

Yeah 100% agree Oscar was better than Trinidad. He had him a bloody mess...I would put Winky higher than ggg because if Canelo's D gave GGG problems Winky would of made him look stupid. Honestly I would put both Canelo and GGG at 5 on that list. Winky would of made Canelo look bad also.

Great Debate! This real boxing talk...

Comment

Working...
                      X