Anyone watched Canelo vs Lara lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    The Cuban gutless wonder doesnt fight like either guy lol
    You must be Mexican. And you're also probably a fat slob who's never laced a pair of boxing gloves.

If Lara is so "gutless", why don't you go in there and show him how it's done? You disrespectful peice of trash.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Running doesn't win fights. I'm glad the judges didn't reward Lara for fighting like a *****.
      I second this 100%. Am glad Lara wasn't rewarded with the way he fought. The same way i was glad Dirrell wasn't given the decision against Carl Froch. I don't mind a boxer making someone miss, but when you make them miss and you then proceed to rub and not take advantage of them miss? I cannot back you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
        You must be Mexican. And you're also probably a fat slob who's never laced a pair of boxing gloves.

If Lara is so "gutless", why don't you go in there and show him how it's done? You disrespectful peice of trash.
        Nope I am NOT Mexican! And definitely not fat. I also don't compare Lara sprinting to sugar Ray Leonard Hagler but that is just me I know boxing and you don't know shyt if you walked away from one of the biggest stinkfest fights ever where Lara fought gutless to all time great fights lol let alone compare Cuban gutless to one of the most popular fan friendly fighters ever.

I mean you can't count how many times Lara has been booed or how many times fans have got up and walked out his fights. Most famously at Barclays where fans showed up for the undercard fights then booed him and walked out. His fight ended with 1/4 of the crowd remaining from when it started and that's not uncommon for his fights because how much he runs and doesn't fight. And on the biggest stage he choked and ran himself out of the fight. That performance will haunt him the rest of his career.

Comment

Bottom line here; It's not running if you outland your opponent. It's as simple as that.

Sergio Martinez made a career out of this style.

Comment

Nope I am NOT Mexican! And definitely not fat. I also don't compare Lara sprinting to sugar Ray Leonard Hagler but that is just me I know boxing and you don't know shyt if you walked away from one of the biggest stinkfest fights ever where Lara fought gutless to all time great fights lol let alone compare Cuban gutless to one of the most popular fan friendly fighters ever.

I mean you can't count how many times Lara has been booed or how many times fans have got up and walked out his fights. Most famously at Barclays where fans showed up for the undercard fights then booed him and walked out. His fight ended with 1/4 of the crowd remaining from when it started and that's not uncommon for his fights because how much he runs and doesn't fight. And on the biggest stage he choked and ran himself out of the fight. That performance will haunt him the rest of his career.
            Won't read. You've lost ALL credibilty by referring to a WORLD CLASS boxer as........(get this)........."gutless".

Comment

I was rooting for Lara to win in this fight and he didn't do anything. Canelo outlanded Lara in power punches in 10 of 12 rounds. Lara compared his performance to Mayweather's, who did the reverse, outlanding Canelo in 10 of 12 rounds in power punching.

Very disappointing performance from Lara. You can even tell he could've won if only he had tried to. He probably had flashbacks of Angulo and decided to run all night to not get caught with anything big again.

Big PPV fight, big stage, and you go and stink up the show like that.

The only robbery Lara has been in was vs Williams, where he outlanded Williams 7 rounds to 5 in power punches, landing 49% overall. When you land 40-50% of your power punches, and your opponent lands less than you and there were no KD's, it's hard for judges to not give you the fight.

Comment

Bottom line here; It's not running if you outland your opponent. It's as simple as that.

Sergio Martinez made a career out of this style.
                Lmao landed a couple more punches all jabs while being doubled up in power shots. Only a 100 punches total. Tell us how many times sugar Ray Leonard did that? I'll give you a hint in how that will play out. Sprinting refusing to fight moving for no damn reason not to set up a damn thing then after 1 minute of running landing a single pot shot jab don't win you fights in the pros let alone on the biggest stage.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  Canelo vs Lara lately?

What an absolute robbery. Lara schooled his ass. After rewatching it even the body work was sub par. He lost the majority of the rounds.
                  ... it wasn't a robbery; it was a fixed fight...

... they fought at 155... Lara took the "Canelo money" but kept his belt at 154...

Comment

Lmao landed a couple more punches all jabs while being doubled up in power shots. Only a 100 punches total. Tell us how many times sugar Ray Leonard did that? I'll give you a hint in how that will play out. Sprinting refusing to fight moving for no damn reason not to set up a damn thing then after 1 minute of running landing a single pot shot jab don't win you fights the pros let alone on the biggest stage.
                    Keep typing. I'm not reading.

Comment

Keep typing. I'm not reading.
                      Then bye Felicia. Go watch Leonard/Hagler again or maybe for the first time since you don't know shyt. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X