Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia vs Jorge Linares next according to Oscar De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If true it would seem they are trying to humble him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think they trying to f#ck up his record. Dude was b^tching FAR to early in his trajectory. I think they trying to push him to deserving bigger money or finding out if he realllllllly wants to box.

I think King Ry needs to retire. He gots much easier ways to make money.
      It's similar to Floyd trying to push Tank vs Lomachenko when he was mad. I don't know if Ryan should retire. He can pursue those other revenue streams while fighting bums for 5 more years. He just turned 21 a month ago. Caleb Plant didn't win his first title until he was 26. Spence at 27.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        It's similar to Floyd trying to push Tank vs Lomachenko when he was mad.
        Yea I feel like that was a very similar situation.

I don't know if Ryan should retire. He can pursue those other revenue streams while fighting bums for 5 more years. He just turned 21 a month ago. Caleb Plant didn't win his first title until he was 26. Spence at 27.
        Idk man this game aint for everyone. I dont think Ryan needs to take the risk ANY boxer takes in this game. Hes savvy with his image. Hes smart in how to monetize himself out of the ring. He doesnt need boxing. Id rather he do other sh^t since hes one of the few who can probably make better money outside the ring then in it.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-10-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Wow a big step up for Ryan but given his power and Linares fragile chin it’s a fight he can win even at this early stage of his career.
          I think Ryan is at least 3 fights away from Linares like talent. Linares' chin is questionable but Ryan brings even more question marks into this potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
            I honestly think this is a fight to see if Ryan is actually good and is worth the headache he comes with. If he is the good, then he will be a superstar. If not, Golden Boy can focus on the real star in their stable, Vergil Ortiz.
            Exactly my thoughts. If his level of boxing matches his online popularity, then this fight will be a breakthrough for him. But if I had to choose, I'd still pick Ortiz as the most promising fighter from GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Yea I feel like that was a very similar situation.

Idk man this game aint for everyone. I dont think Ryan needs to take the risk ANY boxer takes in this game. Hes savvy with his image. Hes smart in how to monetize himself out of the ring. He doesnt need boxing. Id rather he do other sh^t since hes one of the few who can probably make better money outside the ring then in it.
              I hear that, but the boxing can help him with those other endeavors. I think we're on the same page with thinking he won't become a long reigning champion or hall of famer. He can become a 35-0 contender with a resume full of nobodies while he models and stars on Disney channel.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                I hear that, but the boxing can help him with those other endeavors.
                Can it though? I think hes done better for himself already then boxing has done for most boxers far more talented, advanced & proven then he is.

I think we're on the same page with thinking he won't become a long reigning champion or hall of famer. He can become a 35-0 contender with a resume full of nobodies while he models and stars on Disney channel.
                Yea I wouldnt argue with any of that.

And thats part of why I think he should opt out of boxing. I dont see him being great. He can be successful. Maybe he even wins a belt, but I think he can be more fruitful out of the ring. Hes got more skills out of the ring. Theres plenty of guys who had boxing skills but had more skills out of the ring like Berry Gordy & Tony Danza who I think maximized there earthly potential out of the ring better than they ever would have in it. I think Ryan is one of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                X