Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Gervonta Davis is Unbelievable, They Can't Stop Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa is a little washed up but it should be good showcase for Davis.

Comment

The white man..I mean Lomachenko owns Davis and Floyd knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by TedDibiase View Post
        Gamboa is a little washed up but it should be good showcase for Davis.
        a little

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          I like Tank and would give him a decent shot against Loma, especially depending on weight class...but when you/your promoter say you're the best, and you apparently don't want to get in there with the consensus number 1 in your division, you will catch heat for it.
          he won't get in there with any consensus top 10 fighter. its been 3 years and that was after cherry picking the easiest belt holder who had just been given a gift decision over edner cherry. this is so embarrassing and its happening right in front of our eyes. very bold

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he won't get in there with any consensus top 10 fighter. its been 3 years and that was after cherry picking the easiest belt holder who had just been given a gift decision over edner cherry. this is so embarrassing and its happening right in front of our eyes. very bold
            At 130 Loma has embarrassed (probably) better/equal fighters to Davis imo...at 135 Loma has imo had some tough fights vs similar level guys to Davis.

I think Davis gets a bit too much stick for his resume...Pedraza was certainly a very good win...but yeah hopefully he/his team feels ready for him to step up soon.

Comment

Yeah bantamweights can't stop him for sure

Comment

At 130 Loma has embarrassed (probably) better/equal fighters to Davis imo...at 135 Loma has imo had some tough fights vs similar level guys to Davis.

I think Davis gets a bit too much stick for his resume...Pedraza was certainly a very good win...but yeah hopefully he/his team feels ready for him to step up soon.
                its compete trash what are you talking about? he has only fought one top 10 guy his entire career. its been 3 years since that happened as well. 3 years. people criticized ggg when he was constantly beating top 10 guys so if its sooo easy why isnt davis doing it? loma just beat 4 top 5 guys in a row so once again if its so easy...

also pedraza was also clearly the worst belt holder as he lost to edner cherry on most peoples cards and had never fought a top 10 fighter at the time. the other titlists were loma, vargas(just beat a top 5 guy and drew with another), and corrales(just beat the #1 guy) they went for the easiest belt and then refused to fight anyone for 3 years. maybe he can redeem himself but maybe their whole strategy is to just say how good davis is with highlight knockout reals over small and shot fighters.
                Last edited by daggum; 10-19-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  its compete trash what are you talking about? he has only fought one top 10 guy his entire career. its been 3 years since that happened as well. 3 years. people criticized ggg when he was constantly beating top 10 guys so if its sooo easy why isnt davis doing it? loma just beat 4 top 5 guys in a row so once again if its so easy...

also pedraza was also clearly the worst belt holder as he lost to edner cherry on most peoples cards and had never fought a top 10 fighter at the time. the other titlists were loma, vargas(just beat a top 5 guy and drew with another), and corrales(just beat the #1 guy) they went for the easiest belt and then refused to fight anyone for 3 years. maybe he can redeem himself but maybe their whole strategy is to just say how good davis is with highlight knockout reals over small and shot fighters.
                  I admit I don't follow the little guys that much...but yeah some people's inability to just say 'Pedraza was a good win for Davis' is puzzling to me...as you said, I have 100% never understood the hate on GGG's resume, yet many do it.

I think for his age Davis is coming along fine...I can't comment too much on the specifics of his resume as I don't really follow those weights, but he seems to at least always live up to expectations going in (or outperform as he did vs Pedraza), and I like that.

But again if he/his team are saying he is the best right now, and he is quite clearly ducking Loma/some others, then yeah that is a bad look.

Comment

Good now set up the fight with Russell Jr

Comment

I admit I don't follow the little guys that much...but yeah some people's inability to just say 'Pedraza was a good win for Davis' is puzzling to me...as you said, I have 100% never understood the hate on GGG's resume, yet many do it.

I think for his age Davis is coming along fine...I can't comment too much on the specifics of his resume as I don't really follow those weights, but he seems to at least always live up to expectations going in (or outperform as he did vs Pedraza), and I like that.

But again if he/his team are saying he is the best right now, and he is quite clearly ducking Loma/some others, then yeah that is a bad look.
                      ok pedraza was a good win. about as good as jason sosa but no one talks that win up. its just one of those lower top 10 kind of guys that champions should be beating all the time at a bare minimum yet after that fight he simply stopped fighting solid opposition.

live up to expectations? he's fighting complete unknown guys and small guys moving up. this is their whole strategy. get knockouts and look great but thats easy to do when you are fighting bums. you shouldn't expect anything less than that. just like with this gamboa fight. easy ko. look great. get hype. get idiots to buy/tune in. pretend you want to fight loma. drag that out for years. maybe fight him when hes over the hill if you can get him. in the meantime cherry pick like hes been doing. we know the script. we dont have to be stupid anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X