Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Cat" Usyk vs "Rocky" Marciano in a war: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky would knock out his other tooth and make em look even more r3tarded.

Comment

This one has already been done.

Usyk is slightly more skilled, but Marciano is relentless. The smaller gloves and extra rounds actually work in Usyk's favor. I am not sure Marciano ever fought anyone as good as Gassiev, and Usyk beat him never having to take it out of 2nd gear.

Comment

Lol pretty sure Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore and Joe Louis are better than Gassiev.

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
        This one has already been done.

Usyk is slightly more skilled, but Marciano is relentless. The smaller gloves and extra rounds actually work in Usyk's favor. I am not sure Marciano ever fought anyone as good as Gassiev, and Usyk beat him never having to take it out of 2nd gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          Lol pretty sure Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore and Joe Louis are better than Gassiev.
          show me the footage.

I have seen hours and hours of film. Years of my life. Never have I seen anyone enter the ring w/ Marciano equipped like Gassiev. Definitely not those three.

but if you got footage unknown to the rest of the world, share the wealth! People will pay to see it.

Comment

If the film shows you that Gassiev is better than those three, you need to get your eyes checked.

show me the footage.

I have seen hours and hours of film. Years of my life. Never have I seen anyone enter the ring w/ Marciano equipped like Gassiev. Definitely not those three.

but if you got footage unknown to the rest of the world, share the wealth! People will pay to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              If the film shows you that Gassiev is better than those three, you need to get your eyes checked.
              LOL, now you're just walking in circles. Denial is not an argument.

So please, if you are so certain. Tell me what any of those men were doing better than Gassiev. Break it down for me.

Gassiev is a a murderous puncher. He carries at least 20 extra pounds into the ring than Moore or Charles. And he doesn't succumb to fire-fights.
              Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 10-19-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                Rocky would knock out his other tooth and make em look even more r3tarded.
                LOL, you do know that Usyk isn't a 40 year old Light HEavyweight, right?

Gassiev couldn't do it. But Marciano does... ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I feel this is how it would play out as well. Usyk would be out boxing him but getting punished and broken down at the same time.
                  Who has broken down Usyk?

Marciano could bore in on a fighter. His pouncing and angles would definitely present problems. But how many of his fights have you seen in their entirety?

Again, we already discussed this. So if you want to see what finer minds have said, go read that thread.

I am not condfident picking either man. But a lot of people overate Marciano's victories, or make him sound overly brutish and crude.

I pick Dempsey and Tunney to beat them both. And both to beat Holyfield. But Holyfield is probably too refined and resilient for Dempsey.

Comment

All three guys were elite level technical boxers. Gassiev comes straight in and hopes to hurt you.

LOL, now you're just walking in circles. Denial is not an argument.

So please, if you are so certain. Tell me what any of those men were doing better than Gassiev. Break it down for me.

Gassiev is a a murderous puncher. He carries at least 20 extra pounds into the ring than Moore or Charles. And he doesn't succumb to fire-fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                      A 6 inch height disadvantage, a 10 inch reach disadvantage and 30 pounds lighter, yet he walks through Usyk?

I realise this forum isn't known for being objective but come on. Marciano has no chance.
                      925ft-lbs is an absurd feat of human capability son.

Comment

Working...
                      X