Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    His PPV cost 25 bucks.

That's 800K x 25 = 20 million

If British cable is anything like American cable, Joshua is getting only 45% of that.

That's 9 million. Add a gross of 6 million on the live gate and that is a total of 15M before anyone but that cable companies are paid.

15M or whatever part of that Joshua gets isn't bad at all.

But it is nowhere near what he can make off of a Vegas fight.

The live gate alone will take care of most of that.

And US PPVs are at least $80

So much for the fight has to be in Wembley...
    So AJ is already clearing 8 figures, while Wilder just made $1.5m for his last defence.

Wilder the A side doe

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      It does if this fight is going to happen in the summer. Never mind March. We all know that is pie in the sky.

At the minute it doesn't really seem that Wilder has any kind of promotional outfit to speak of. Unless Eddie Hearn with no real knowledge of how everything works over there is he expected as a foreign promoter, promote the fight in a foreign land against a native. When he has delivered a Wembley event before.

What would really rock the boat is if someone made AJ an offer.

Fight ain't gonna happen here in March. For a start it will be f.ucking freezing and rain would be probably coming in horizontally.

They're not gonna have it at Cardiff.

Hearn has wanted to expand into the US, so what better way than with a giant fight?

It won't happen in March though, pretty sure both sides are 100% fine with that because they will both benefit from the time to just let this get perfectly ripe.

Pretty sure the fight is not in Wales though

Comment

It does if this fight is going to happen in the summer. Never mind March. We all know that is pie in the sky.

At the minute it doesn't really seem that Wilder has any kind of promotional outfit to speak of. Unless Eddie Hearn with no real knowledge of how everything works over there is he expected as a foreign promoter, promote the fight in a foreign land against a native. When he has delivered a Wembley event before.

What would really rock the boat is if someone made AJ an offer.

Fight ain't gonna happen here in March. For a start it will be f.ucking freezing and rain would be probably coming in horizontally.

They're not gonna have it at Cardiff.
        Hearn mentioned Twickenham today, but as you said weathers **** in March

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Hearn has wanted to expand into the US, so what better way than with a giant fight?
          It would be running before he can walk. And just mental. Hearn will be getting ripped 100% on here when Jacobs fight doesn't sell out. I don't really know why he's over there from a practical stand point. He's only there because American promoters have gotten lazy and he is seeing dollar signs.

Personally, I hope the fight is here as well. The shine that AJ has bought to British boxing has helped the game here immensely.

And it is nice not having to stay up until 5 a.m. Brutal. You yanks don't know how lucky you are.

F.uck Vegas!

Comment

It would be running before he can walk. And just mental. Hearn will be getting ripped 100% on here when Jacobs fight doesn't sell out. I don't really know why he's over there from a practical stand point. He's only there because American promoters have gotten lazy and he is seeing dollar signs.

Personally, I hope the fight is here as well. The shine that AJ has bought to British boxing has helped the game here immensely.

And it is nice not having to stay up until 5 a.m. Brutal. You yanks don't know how lucky you are.

F.uck Vegas!
            Well yea to be honest if the fight is in Vegas that fight needs to not be at midnight EST (5am GMT). That would be dumb so they need to be a bit more creative than that to figure out how to get maximum revenue.

A fight like this at say 7 or so EST which would be fairly early in Vegas, but that leaves the whole night free in Vegas so I don't know that that hurts that. To me that would still sell pretty damn well because people will want to see it and it is not like 7pm EST should really damage the revenue in the US to a great degree even if that is an odd start time for a fight. Just make sure people know it.

Honestly if Hearn wants to really break into the US market making a huge splash is the best way to go. Plus while Wilder doesn't have a promoter per se he is pretty much with DiBella so DiBella would likely be pretty involved and he is pretty savvy to the US market, in Haymon's stead or they bust out the veteran Shelly Finkel.

Joshua has the UK on lock he owns that market already so they can do it there but isn't that kind of a waste because they are already maxing out there. So I just see it as an opportunity to both Hearn and Joshua to really open things up if they go to Vegas.

It can certainly be in England though it just depends on where they can make the most money (now and in the future). They will figure all this out though I am confident of that.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Lmao these silly Brits think we don’t know what’s going on. They’re trying to pass it off like AJs doing Mayweather Pacquiao numbers. We know y’all ppvs are cheap
              I agree mayne.

The moneys with wilder un murrica

Das why heyman is making massive offers to joshua, flashing dat big us $$$

Comment

Well yea to be honest if the fight is in Vegas that fight needs to not be at midnight EST (5am GMT). That would be dumb so they need to be a bit more creative than that to figure out how to get maximum revenue.

A fight like this at say 7 or so EST which would be fairly early in Vegas, but that leaves the whole night free in Vegas so I don't know that that hurts that. To me that would still sell pretty damn well because people will want to see it and it is not like 7pm EST should really damage the revenue in the US to a great degree even if that is an odd start time for a fight. Just make sure people know it.

Honestly if Hearn wants to really break into the US market making a huge splash is the best way to go. Plus while Wilder doesn't have a promoter per se he is pretty much with DiBella so DiBella would likely be pretty involved and he is pretty savvy to the US market, in Haymon's stead or they bust out the veteran Shelly Finkel.

Joshua has the UK on lock he owns that market already so they can do it there but isn't that kind of a waste because they are already maxing out there. So I just see it as an opportunity to both Hearn and Joshua to really open things up if they go to Vegas.

It can certainly be in England though it just depends on where they can make the most money (now and in the future). They will figure all this out though I am confident of that.
                That is interesting re: the start time.

It would have to pander to British fans a little bit otherwise it would be a kick in the teeth for us.

For selfish reasons I wouldn't be up for it still. I'd like to go. Vegas is out of my reach time and money wise

Comment

That is interesting re: the start time.

It would have to pander to British fans a little bit otherwise it would be a kick in the teeth for us.

For selfish reasons I wouldn't be up for it still. I'd like to go. Vegas is out of my reach time and money wise
                  Yea normally the US doesn't have to pander to other fans like that but this is not a normal situation.

I don't know that they will be creative like that so it might still just be in England, but if they want Vegas they need to keep English fans in mind. I also think Hearn who will get the lions share of UK revenue would need to be brought on board for Vegas and that start time thing is the easiest best way to go (early evening as opposed to late night could be even better for the US audience) because who does that really hurt?

Comment

Yea normally the US doesn't have to pander to other fans like that but this is not a normal situation.

I don't know that they will be creative like that so it might still just be in England, but if they want Vegas they need to keep English fans in mind. I also think Hearn who will get the lions share of UK revenue would need to be brought on board for Vegas and that start time thing is the easiest best way to go (early evening as opposed to late night could be even better for the US audience) because who does that really hurt?
                    Yeah it could be doable I suppose. In the extremely unlikely event this fight was made in March I actually think it would have to be in Vegas.

I am trying to think of outdoor boxing events in England and I am coming up blank with the dates. Haye wore trainers in the ring against Chisora to stop him falling arse over t.it so that must have taken place in a month with crap weather.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      Yet Americans are running their mouth about a side

Wilder is the d side after those numbers

God damn, only 650k in America watches wilder on non Ppv. Pathetic, Joshua had 800k watch him on Ppv last time out
                      Yet wilder deserves a shot at the true champ, pathetic wilder fans

Pathetic
                      **** thats a dagger to the heart there. People are buying more of what AJ is selling than Wilder is able to give away for free. ****ing killer.

Comment

Working...
                      X