Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Terence Crawford to become Pound for Pound #1 he needs to...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Terence Crawford to become Pound for Pound #1 he needs to...

... beat Julius Indongo to unify all alphabet titles. Then he needs to make a few defences of the Lineal, Unified title. Most definately one of those defences needs to be against Mikey Garcia. Other potential opponents include Sergey Lipinets, Rances Barthelemy and Antonio Orozco. Say for example:

• unify all titles against Indongo
    • defend all titles against Lipinets
    • defend all titles against Mikey
    • defend all titles against Orozco or Bathelemy

He could then move up to 147, 35-0 and most definately P4P #1.

Everybody you listed isn't on Crawford's level or even near it so I don't know why you're trying to make it so easy for him. He needs to move to 147 and fight to be p4p #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Everybody you listed isn't on Crawford's level or even near it so I don't know why you're trying to make it so easy for him. He needs to move to 147 and fight to be p4p #1.
      Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia is a genuine superfight. Sergey Lipinets is also a top level opponent. It is better for his legacy to defend the titles. Winning everything outright and then immediately vacating is weak. Reigning as the ONLY champion at Light Welterweight for a period of time is where it's at.

Comment

Kill Andre Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          This. At 140 he's still at least top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia is a genuine superfight. Sergey Lipinets is also a top level opponent. It is better for his legacy to defend the titles. Winning everything outright and then immediately vacating is weak. Reigning as the ONLY champion at Light Welterweight for a period of time is where it's at.
            I agree. It would be much better for him to reign supreme with the 140 belts for a while. That's always impressive.

Comment

Don't see him being number 1 til he beats a top guy at 147

Comment

Garcia fight would be huge, I agree. It'd be a fight most fans want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  He could then move up to 147, 35-0 and most definately P4P #1.
                  If.... everyone else stays still and doesn't do anything. You can't put him at #1 after A, B, and C without knowing what other guys on the list are doing while he's accomplishing those things.

Comment

I think he needs to do something at 147 to be #1. 140 just isn't deep enough. Its big fish in a small pond situation. That said P4P is sci fi fantasy bs so who realllllllly gives a f#ck?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                    X