Can Ward take Froch's power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I can't stand the man.

You haven't had to endure his entire career, I guess.

You guys only got to see him claim he dominated Dirrell, had an easy fight with Taylor (that he got knocked down in and was soundly being beaten before the last round), whinge and moan and claim robbery over Kessler and act like the Johnson fight was a shut out.

Then again, that alone is enough for me.
    I admit, I love it. He never stops talking, but he goes out and fights the best available and usually wins. I admit, he made me a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Froch landed 152 punches compared to Dirrels 103, running around for 12 round and dropping to your knees is not outboxing someone.

Kessler vs Froch was a war.

Froch can box and he can go to war.

LOL you need stats to tell you who won that fight forget Stats...I WATCHED THAT FIGHT at least 3 times, Dirrell won't that fight by at least 2 rounds and that is being very GENEROUS! Dirrell also wobbled Froch TWICE in that fight

as for Kessler, that was a good fight no doubt but Kessler speed was clearly the advantage, when Froch fights Flat Footed Fighters the man is a MONSTER but athletic fighters give him problem...even in his defeat of Taylor, HE NEEDED THAT KO TO WIN because he was way down in that fight as well

so AGAIN...WARD CAN EASILY OUT-BOX FROCH...I stand by that 100%

Comment

Froch can punch and Ward has an average chin imo so yeah sure he can hurt him.

I cant see him getting much punches off in combination tho and even if he does manage to buzz Andre i think Ward has the ability to ride it out, smother, defend, do what it takes to get through it. I can see Ward messing Froch up with his movement and his jab along with bursts of punches in quick raids

Tell u what tho a year or 2 ago id have gaurenteed u Ward would whip his ass, cant do that no mo.....

And IMO a win over Ward would be better than anything Calzaghe pulled off

Comment

Froch's power and chin are overrated.

but his ring savvy and boxing skill are underrated.

I see Ward winning this fight, but make no mistake...Froch will give Ward a difficult time, and it will be an ugly fight.

Froch's big winning point in this fight is catching Ward when Ward leaps in, which is overall his worst flaw. Froch is clever, he can catch up on opponents weaknesses and exploit them. he has enough power to hurt Ward in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Froch can punch and Ward has an average chin imo so yeah sure he can hurt him.

I cant see him getting much punches off in combination tho and even if he does manage to buzz Andre i think Ward has the ability to ride it out, smother, defend, do what it takes to get through it. I can see Ward messing Froch up with his movement and his jab along with bursts of punches in quick raids

Tell u what tho a year or 2 ago id have gaurenteed u Ward would whip his ass, cant do that no mo.....

And IMO a win over Ward would be better than anything Calzaghe pulled off

Erm..... Bernard Hopkins, I would pick Hopkins to school Ward even today if they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Don't speak for me either Froch can outbox him as well.
              Dude, you get funnier by the post!

Comment

Ward doesnt have a great chin and Froch is heavy handed so if Froch can land on ward he can hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                  Andre Ward was a middleweight in that fight. He's now a super middleweight with a better chin.
                  Conte steroids help

Comment

Working...
                  X