Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on GGG: There Will Be Blood, Mostly on Canelo's Shorts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
    hopkins most overrated fighter of all time

boring as ****, never kocked anybody out, only fighter of note he's ever beat was felix trinidad
    I remember him knocking Oscar out with a body shot. Oh the irony now that they are partners. But aside from that Hopkins could be right about blood on Canelo's shorts but whose blood it will be remains to be seen.

Comment

I like both these fighters but I think canelo comes up short in a this one.
      He looks truly majestic when he's fed the right opponent but I'm always left uncertain how great he is when he steps up to face the very top level.
      He struggled to cut off the ring and control range against Lara, couldn't lay a glove on mayweather and although he beat cotto it wasn't as convincingly as I was expecting. I think ggg would have done a Margarito type number on cotto at 160.

Even against inferior opposition he likes to take breaks and fight at his own pace, he'll have to fight every second of every round against golovkin, I think he gets outjabbed and eventually physically and mentally fatigued by the constant presssure resulting in a late stoppage via body shot in the late rounds after a great competitive fight.
      Fair play to both fighters for getting this on and serving up a genuine mega fight after the two stinkers that mayweather and manny are trying to contaminate 2017 with.

Comment

boring as ****, never kocked anybody out, only fighter of note he's ever beat was felix trinidad
        More overrated than pavlik?

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
          He looks truly majestic when he's fed the right opponent but I'm always left uncertain how great he is when he steps up to face the very top level.
          He struggled to cut off the ring and control range against Lara, couldn't lay a glove on mayweather and although he beat cotto it wasn't as convincingly as I was expecting. I think ggg would have done a Margarito type number on cotto at 160.
          this...

if Canelo is such a beast, he should have mopped the floor with a smaller, faded Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post

Even against inferior opposition he likes to take breaks and fight at his own pace, he'll have to fight every second of every round against golovkin, I think he gets outjabbed and eventually physically and mentally fatigued by the constant presssure resulting in a late stoppage via body shot in the late rounds after a great competitive fight.
            Fair play to both fighters for getting this on and serving up a genuine mega fight after the two stinkers that mayweather and manny are trying to contaminate 2017 with.
            Nice breakdown, man. It's been my opinion since this was first touted that one of the biggest problems Canelo would have would be dealing with Golovkin's pace and relentless pressure... somehow to make it competitive he'll have to find a way of slowing Golovkin down.

My pick is similar to yours, though I think there's a decent chance we see the final bell and if there is a stoppage I'm thinking it's more likely the Reynosos will pull the plug rather than let him take a sustained beating.

Comment

The win came at the tail end of his career but Roy Jones Jr is most certainly a fighter of note!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Nice breakdown, man. It's been my opinion since this was first touted that one of the biggest problems Canelo would have would be dealing with Golovkin's pace and relentless pressure... somehow to make it competitive he'll have to find a way of slowing Golovkin down.

My pick is similar to yours, though I think there's a decent chance we see the final bell and if there is a stoppage I'm thinking it's more likely the Reynosos will pull the plug rather than let him take a sustained beating.
                Thanks, and yes I agree, there is a good chance it goes the full 12 and that the fight is a more cagey, less action packed affair than people are hoping for, with the control of distance and the battle of the jab being the significant factor, a bit like the Lemieux fight but with a few more exchanges in spots.

All in all I do believe that ggg drinks canelos milkshake though.

Comment

Golovkin in a clothes store looking for a red jacket: 'Look man ... I need a red jacket for TV shows!'

Seller:'I know you from somewhere... you're a MMA fighter ?!'

GGG:'No man! I'm a boxer...in middleweight division'

Seller:'yeah ... I like fights ...I got 2 tickets for FMJ vs McGregor fight. Can't wait!'

GGG:'Hey man... thats not serious fight .... is a show...me vs Canelo is serious business...true fight...come I show you!'

Seller:'Sorry but I didn't hear about you guys!'

GGG:'You a clown...not serious guy... I go to different store to buy a red jacket!'

Comment

Not if she's wears tampons when ggg rapes her. Ggg has to be in hog heaven now, getting this prize after the Jacobs schooling. Canelo & team can talk but GGG is still an educated force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Hopkins on GGG: There Will Be Blood, Mostly on Canelo's Shorts

Period?

Comment

Working...
                      X