No announcement yet.

People say Brook was ducking Spence? I'm struggling to understand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People say Brook was ducking Spence? I'm struggling to understand

I am not trolling, this is a genuine question.

Can someone please explain this to me?

No idea. I always thought the fight will happen

Comment

sometimes Southpaws are known to be VERY difficult for certain styles, especially the slick ones.... Lara did easy work with Paul Williams. Just saying, it's not hard to believe why some boxers will try to avoid or delay risky Southpaw business. For instance Monroe Jr. is more known than Lara, so it makes sense to fight Monroe Jr. of course...

Comment

I don't think he is but I see why people question if he wants to fight Spence Jr! Why? Because he was QUICK to fight Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and Kevin Bizier with NO ISSUES but with Spence Jr lets be honest it has been a lot of Stalling. By the way just because Hearn mentioned a possible location doesn't mean this fight will happen either. We could wake up tomorrow and Brook vs Cotto or Brook vs Khan is agreed upon just like they did with GGG vs Brook

I guarantee the Hold Up is to also seek a bigger opponent and payday and if they can get something bigger and bigger then they will do that and rightfully so but if they can't then Spence Jr it is. Even if they sign to fight I still wouldn't get my hopes up because of what happened with the Diego Chaves fight!
        Last edited by sicko; 02-08-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

He faced GGG as a means to duck Vargas also it's been whispered

Comment

I don't think he was, but he definitely trying to maximize his revenue.

For me it's just annoying that he's held the belt for so long which has kept Spence in somewhat of a limbo.

Comment

Not sure if the term ducking applies, but Brook certainly weighed up the risk/reward ratio.

Comment

My whole problem with the term ducking is, I don't like when people call taking a fight that will earn a fighter more money a "duck". For example: If Brook were to take Khan in his next fight, is he REALLY ducking Spence? Khan would be a more winnable fight AND more lucrative.

Anywho, I'm glad that the signs are pointing towards Brook-Spence. It's gonna be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                  Not sure if the term ducking applies, but Brook certainly weighed up the risk/reward ratio.
                  My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    I don't think he is but I see why people question if he wants to fight Spence Jr! Why? Because he was QUICK to fight Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and Kevin Bizier with NO ISSUES but with Spence Jr lets be honest it has been a lot of Stalling. By the way just because Hearn mentioned a possible location doesn't mean this fight will happen either. We could wake up tomorrow and Brook vs Cotto or Brook vs Khan is agreed upon just like they did with GGG vs Brook

I guarantee the Hold Up is to also seek a bigger opponent and payday and if they can get something bigger and bigger then they will do that and rightfully so but if they can't then Spence Jr it is. Even if they sign to fight I still wouldn't get my hopes up because of what happened with the Diego Chaves fight!
                    You think Brook would have turned down a Cotto or Khan fight to fight Jo Jo Dan? They are massive fights for Brook, he'd be ******ed to fight Spence instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X