No announcement yet.

How highly do you rate daniel jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    B. He's very similar level to David Lemieux, regardless of what the trolls say.

Good skillset, top5 in the division, with some holes in his game.
    I would that's a bit harsh, Jacob's has a vastly superior amateur pedigree and skillset compared to lemule.

Comment

and for me i give him an A-. Think hes being underrated a bit, the loss to pirog was a long time ago. Since then hes destroyed highly touted peter quillin and beat the latin snake twice.

Comment

B level.......

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          and for me i give him an A-. Think hes being underrated a bit, the loss to pirog was a long time ago. Since then hes destroyed highly touted peter quillin and beat the latin snake twice.
          Beating fighters like Quillin and Mora make you A level now?

Comment

B, B - maybe. Hard to say because of his level of opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              What grade would you give him?
              I think he's definitely on the world level, a world class fighter, and a top 3 MW.

If GGG is an A+ fighter, which I believe he is, then Jacobs would be an A-.

Jacobs is the quintessential boxer/puncher - he has good movement, a quick, stinging jab that he sets up combinations with, and he is good at dictating range.

I really like his footwork, and foot-speed, which I think is better than Golovkins (at least his foot-speed, maybe not dexterity; definitely not dexterity - as this is GGG's best quality that sets everything else up that he does - balance and dexterity - his power starts at his feet).

He's a bit rangier than Glolovkin, but GGG being one of the rare boxers who is both a pressure fighter, AND a counter-puncher, should be able to overcome Jacobs' edge in speed, and length.

I think in order to beat GGG, which Jacobs definitely has the tools to do so, if anyone does - he HAS to get his shots off first - even if basic 1-2's, 2-3-2's, etc. then TIE HIM UP before GGG gets his feet planted in range of Jacobs.

he needs to alternate between pivoting out (GGG will eventually figure this pattern out if that's all he does), AND TYING him up. Frustrate him, and outwork him for 12 rounds.

Comment

Danny Jacobs is currently running about a 3.2 GPA. Not bad.

I put B+.

Comment

Danny is a good fighter but his resume is as skinny as a stage 4 cancer patient.
                  Jacobs caught Quillan cold and stopped him early, but how much did that prove? Other than that, he had 2 fights with a faded Mora, whose barely top a 30 fighter.
                  I rate Danny a strong B.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Danny Jacobs is currently running about a 3.2 GPA. Not bad.

I put B+.
                    Yeah. Seems everyone sees him around B level except bigdramashow who of course gives hima little extra so he can tout GGG if he wins.

Comment

B. He's a good fighter. Has the capability of being elite but he needs that breakout performance. Fighters lose, so I'm not hanging onto the Pirog loss like others are. He was young and we'll see against GGG if he's actually learned from his past mistakes to make the leap to the A level

Comment

Working...
                      X