Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Tyson Fury on the Ring P4P list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-hickey View Post
    Look i've been repping fury on here since day one, (i wrote this in 2012)

And i've been dealing with idiots bashing on him since day one and it ain't gonna stop anytime soon

but fury himself knows this, he doesn't care and neither do I, it's hilarious watching him prove people wrong over and over again
    Good analysis!

Written before I joined this site so I didn't read it back then.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I agree with everything you say here, except the part about GGG.

As an amateur, 345 wins out 350 fights, world championship gold and olympic silver medal winner. As a pro, undefeated unified world champion, KO'd 6 top 10 ranked opponents in the last 3 years. Trust me, Golovkin is no hype job.

Back to Fury, I too get annoyed and frustrated reading all this "Wlad got old" bull**** over and over again.

On the other hand, if the bookies believe it, they'll carry on making Tyson the underdog when he defends his titles and I'll carry on winning money backing him!
      Hype job was the wrong term, apologies, i actually think he's the real deal. I just meant that as of yet, and i'm not saying it's his own fault, i know it's difficult to get people in the ring with him, he's not defeated any highly rated fighters.

Comment

The ring magazine has been letting down lately and I'm very disappointed. The Ring stripped Adonis Stevensson of their light heavyweight Championship.
        I know Stevensson hasn't been setting the world on fire lately but he never lost his title in the Ring also I'm not a fan of Stevensson. I didn't think anything was wrong with the old championship policy.
        The Ring's new ratings policy is a joke

Comment

Because the p4p #1 Wlad Klitschko was actually shot. Who knew? Certainly not the people on NSB who said he should have been p4p #1 and are now calling him shot.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            Hype job was the wrong term, apologies, i actually think he's the real deal. I just meant that as of yet, and i'm not saying it's his own fault, i know it's difficult to get people in the ring with him, he's not defeated any highly rated fighters.
            No probs mate.

What do you think the chances are that Wlad doesn't go through with the rematch?

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another injury in training and decides to call it a day and retire.

Fury has lost so much time and money training for fights that never happened. I hope Uncle Pete and Hennessy get a good alternative opponent lined up and ready to step in, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
              The ring magazine has been letting down lately and I'm very disappointed. The Ring stripped Adonis Stevensson of their light heavyweight Championship.
              I know Stevensson hasn't been setting the world on fire lately but he never lost his title in the Ring also I'm not a fan of Stevensson. I didn't think anything was wrong with the old championship policy.
              The Ring's new ratings policy is a joke
              The problem with the Ring's old policy was that a title you can keep hold of till you are too old to climb into a ring, without ever fighting a top contender, has no value at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                No probs mate.

What do you think the chances are that Wlad doesn't go through with the rematch?

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another injury in training and decides to call it a day and retire.

Fury has lost so much time and money training for fights that never happened. I hope Uncle Pete and Hennessy get a good alternative opponent lined up and ready to step in, just in case.
                Difficult to say with Wladimir. My gut feeling is that the rematch will happen, too much $$ involved for it not to. Wladimir has recently signed another big TV contract, and is obliged to fight. If he retires, i imagine he'd have to repay them a lot of money.

I suspect he rematches Fury, loses, and then fights one last time as a goodbye fight for his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Difficult to say with Wladimir. My gut feeling is that the rematch will happen, too much $$ involved for it not to. Wladimir has recently signed another big TV contract, and is obliged to fight. If he retires, i imagine he'd have to repay them a lot of money.

I suspect he rematches Fury, loses, and then fights one last time as a goodbye fight for his fans.
                  Maybe he could get a sick note from Dr Eisenfaust?

Comment

Sorry, but Fury doesn't deserve it and it's not even close.

Wlad was on some people's P4P lists, and not on others. He was there because he dominated the division for 10 years, with the biggest knock on him being that he doesn't have any 'signature' wins. You can't bash a fighter because his opposition has 'sucked', yet try to prop up Fury for beating him.

Plus Wlad is 40 and their fight was absolutely atrocious. I give Fury props for executing a good game plan, but he proved absolutely nothing in my eyes. I would still be very hesitant to favor him over any of the other elite HWs out there.

Comment

Fury himself said P4P is bollocks, so why care.

Comment

Working...
                      X