Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To what extent have our psychology been manipulated by western society?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    ... if we were a load of Buddhist monks, nothing would get done and no one would buy anything!

... Buddhist monks in many monasteries in the medieval China lived (quite well) from taxes that were paid by peasants, doe...

(... and those famous Shaolin monks were quite another story, which ended up in the Triads...)

Things aren't what they use to be anymore -- the hipsters from nowadays China don't even know what a Buddhist monk is.

Comment

Comment

Dick Cheney. Bill Cosby. Rob Ryan.

Make of that what you will.

Comment

There are only a small niche perhaps left on the planet not 'manipulated by western society'. And of those, the majority probably just don't realize it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            There are only a small niche perhaps left on the planet not 'manipulated by western society'. And of those, the majority probably just don't realize it yet.
            ... explain me how there ever existed any kind of structured society in the past or present which didn't doesn't manipulate its subjects...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... explain me how there ever existed any kind of structured society in the past or present which didn't doesn't manipulate its subjects...
              Which would fall back on 'society' or 'politics' again -- by 'western society' I'm guessing here that OP perhaps means post-war American capitalist consumer society, which everybody in the west and now beyond are an integral part of whether they like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Which would fall back on 'society' or 'politics' again -- by 'western society' I'm guessing here that OP perhaps means post-war American capitalist consumer society, which everybody in the west and now beyond are an integral part of whether they like it or not.
                ... I should go down to Pericles' time...

... and as deep as the "Warring States" period in China...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  cool thanks, I just sent my family a link to this video for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    cool thanks, I just sent my family a link to this video for Christmas
                    Another one for you...

Comment

An applicable example at hand........

Comment

Working...
                      X