How highly do you regard Lennox Leiws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    For a heavyweight? He absolutely was.
    A lot of people seem to forget we are talking about heavyweights here. Actually I think with Lewis he had a problem with his legacy which we can call the George Bernard Shaw syndrome....Shaw famoulsy claimed the phrase via shakespear, that "youth is wasted on the young." A young Lewis fighting against the likes of Ruddock was indeed a pretty fair mover! later on a calculating, smart, efficient Lewis was quite adept at defending against the best of Briggs, sans the movement skills a young Lewis displayed! If you took all versions of this Lewis....the young athletic version, along with the older smarter version...Lewis was fantastic! He was fantastic anyway, he could always punch in combos, and always had good sense in the ring.

For a big man he always managed to fight at a good pace. I think his losses can be attributed to "tripping" i.e. not being able to start moving athletically at the beginning of the fight. He got caught by guys who could punch and get in quickly. Also his lack of aggression may have been attributable to the later version of Lewis pacing himself.

Comment

Lewis was a Lion a ferocious champion and a born winner. Lewis, Tyson are the last true greats I intended to add Holyfield as he has a fantastic resume and he whupped Tyson but that man was a steroid cheat.

Comment

Definitely top 10 ATG HW. Probably top 5.

I hated him until the tail end of his career.

Comment

Definitely top 10, probably top 5.

Head to head, he's a tough fight for anybody.

Comment

Lewis is a bonafied ATG....should be top 5 on every credible All time HW list

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              He beat Holyfield convincingly

He only JUST beat MErcer.

The decision to stop the fight and award it to Lennox was a necessary decision BUT Vitali most definitely kicked his ass! And Lennox knew there was no way he could beat him in a rematch.
              Watch that sixth round again.

Look at how tired Vitali was, how wide his mouth was, how much he was holding, how many of his punches were just arm punches.

Then look at the uppercut Lewis landed about 50 seconds into the round, the overhand right hand he landed the last 20 seconds, the way Vitali had to hold on for the remainder of the round, and the uppercut Lewis landed right before the bell.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is the best HW the last 30 years and one of the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  Watch that sixth round again.

Look at how tired Vitali was, how wide his mouth was, how much he was holding, how many of his punches were just arm punches.

Then look at the uppercut Lewis landed about 50 seconds into the round, the overhand right hand he landed the last 20 seconds, the way Vitali had to hold on for the remainder of the round, and the uppercut Lewis landed right before the bell.
                  lol,,,,the never ending vitali/lewis debacle. lewis did have a very good last round and was coming on strong and hurt vitali but he looked like he blew his wad in the process as the round ended. both fighters were dead tired and slumped onto there stools. I think both guys were very vulnerable to being ko'd in the next couple rounds had it not been stopped. lewis won fair and square tho and cemented his place as an atg. hes easily top 10 imo

Comment

lewis top ten.
                    klitchkos top 20.

Comment

Working...
                    X