• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''Super'' Judah is a myth

Why do boxing fans give this term?

''Oh if SUPER Judah turns up, he will win''

''Super Judah via his mystical overrated as hell uppercut''

Its like they actually believe he puts a cape on in the dressing room and turns into a super hero.

''Super'' Judah is just Zab Judah.

Its the same guy, the only difference is he looks good and will always beat C level opposition. There is nothing super to be seen when he steps on the world stage except his uncanny ability to fold in super fashion.

They try saying ''super'' Judah turned up for Paris. No, no, Paris is just not very good, real talk. Nice kid, great story but he is very average.

Just had to clear that up, thanks.

Zab Judah is a myth.

Comment

The dude fails me all the time but i like his style

Comment

Zab has all the pysical gifts, and talent, but he has no mental fortitude needed to make him great.

Comment

Zab Judah's overrated as hell, and always has been. All based on one fight against Corey Spinks.

Comment

tbh judah had all the potential in the world to be a p4p superstar but he has the bad habit of overrating himself and losing focus

in his prime...
            he boxed circles around tszyu until he got stopped
            he could've easily beaten baldomir if he was on his A game
            he gave a prime mayweather all he could handle for 5 round
            almost stopped a near prime cotto before he got his nuts cracked
            had a close fight with clottey which I felt could've gone either way

but the best zab never showed up in those fights...when he returned to 140 he did a poor man's version of whitaker which I felt would never work for him as evidenced by his loss to khan

I would say under different circumstances (different trainer) he could've been slightly better than cotto was perceived in his prime, but the fact is he never amounted to that greatness and is now at 50% of what he used to be

Comment

don't be so cynical. Judah still has time to unify.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                tbh judah had all the potential in the world to be a p4p superstar but he has the bad habit of overrating himself and losing focus

in his prime...
                he boxed circles around tszyu until he got stopped
                he could've easily beaten baldomir if he was on his A game
                he gave a prime mayweather all he could handle for 5 round
                almost stopped a near prime cotto before he got his nuts cracked
                had a close fight with clottey which I felt could've gone either way

but the best zab never showed up in those fights...when he returned to 140 he did a poor man's version of whitaker which I felt would never work for him as evidenced by his loss to khan

I would say under different circumstances (different trainer) he could've been slightly better than cotto was perceived in his prime, but the fact is he never amounted to that greatness and is now at 50% of what he used to be
                if cotto wasnt prime against Judah...when was he prime?and when did he almost stop cotto??stunned him sure but nearly stopped??

and boxed circles rounds Tszyu??he got ko'd on 2 rounds

coulda woulda shoulda with baldo..he got hi and ran

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                  if cotto wasnt prime against Judah...when was he prime?and when did he almost stop cotto??stunned him sure but nearly stopped??

and boxed circles rounds Tszyu??he got ko'd on 2 rounds

coulda woulda shoulda with baldo..he got hi and ran
                  cotto was prime against mosley and margarito...that's when he actually polished up on his boxing skills and wasn't bullrushing his opponents like he did with judah and quintana for example

cotto was hanging on for dear life before he cracked judah's testicles...and I'm one of the biggest cotto fans on this board

he got ko'd with one shot against tszyu and didn't know how to clinch to survive, he didn't even take the full count to recover

mayweather went after judah first because everyone at the time felt zab had an off night against baldo...that's not disputable at all

stick to the lounge larry

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    cotto was prime against mosley and margarito...that's when he actually polished up on his boxing skills and wasn't bullrushing his opponents like he did with judah and quintana for example
                    well, combinations of styles and attributes dictated that he had to be the aggressor against Judah and Quintana, just as they dictated that he had to be more of a counter-aggressor against Mosley and Margarito.

i'd say Cotto was a prime fighter when he fought Zab. Zab's single-punch speed caught him by surprise as much as anything. understandable, being that Zab anywhere near his prime has the greatest handspeed we've seen of any fighter in a good minute when it comes to single punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X