Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here who watches Fringe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for a good series to get into when I happened upon this angelic being:

There something about Anna Torv that just drives me nuts, but although she may have been the lure, I completely fell in love with the entire cast, especially the brilliant but somewhat insane Dr. Walter Bishop. I mean what's not to love, a pot smoking, acid dropping man that loves licorice? I mean whatever right? They dedicated an entire episode to his pot use called "Brown Betty," at the time I was really surprised the show would actually go there. But in retrospect, I don't think the creators could have gone anywhere else. Walter Bishop is a man of fascinating complexities and fears, so I think on some level a certain kind of behavior would be expected. He's a man on the fringes of reality.

The show is aptly named as each episode took us further and further out on a ledge. I'm really looking forward to this two hour series finale, but I'm gonna miss this show and what they did.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      I was looking for a good series to get into when I happened upon this angelic being:

There something about Anna Torv that just drives me nuts, but although she may have been the lure, I completely fell in love with the entire cast, especially the brilliant but somewhat insane Dr. Walter Bishop. I mean what's not to love, a pot smoking, acid dropping man that loves licorice? I mean whatever right? They dedicated an entire episode to his pot use called "Brown Betty," at the time I was really surprised the show would actually go there. But in retrospect, I don't think the creators could have gone anywhere else. Walter Bishop is a man of fascinating complexities and fears, so I think on some level a certain kind of behavior would be expected. He's a man on the fringes of reality.

The show is aptly named as each episode took us further and further out on a ledge. I'm really looking forward to this two hour series finale, but I'm gonna miss this show and what they did.....
      every season (except season1) they have this one episode that deals with like this

usually it's episode 19 (or 20 for Brown Betty)

Comment

bump people

Comment

Anyone see the series finale last night? I can't put my finger on it but I found it to be a bit underwhelming. It was much better than the Lost finale though. That one just pissed me off with its purgatory mumbo jumbo.

Comment

I enjoyed both "Liberty" and "Enemy of Fate." There was a scene in the final hour between Peter and Dr. Bishop that's especially poignant. These last two episodes close up the story nicely and ended a show I loved all five seasons.

Ah well, everything ends.... Television is a vast wasteland these days anyway, filled with vapid mannequins like the Kardashians or morally bankrupt shows like "Teen Mom." These are the days we entertain but refuse to enlighten. Oh don't get me wrong there are channels dedicated to the arts, nature and such. But their impact on the vast stupidity of the masses is negligible.

This country's too dumb to even govern itself: http://www.american.com/archive/2012...-for-democracy

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
              Anyone see the series finale last night? I can't put my finger on it but I found it to be a bit underwhelming. It was much better than the Lost finale though. That one just pissed me off with its purgatory mumbo jumbo.
              finally saw it, it was a satisfying finale for me, at least emotionally

still so many questions left, cannot process it right now because i was caught up with the emotional aspect of the show

Walter & Peter's scene almost had me in tears but i managed to hold out

im going to miss this show, definitely better than Lost

Comment

I shed man tears. I loved season 1-3. 4 was a bit of a downer and 5 was ok, but a bit to cliche with the fascist message, but the conclusion was very nice. About a trillion times better than Lost. The white tulip had been my favorite episode throughout the series, so when it all ended with that, it was just a slice of tv heaven for me.

Comment

this video broke me

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
                    I shed man tears. I loved season 1-3. 4 was a bit of a downer and 5 was ok, but a bit to cliche with the fascist message, but the conclusion was very nice. About a trillion times better than Lost. The white tulip had been my favorite episode throughout the series, so when it all ended with that, it was just a slice of tv heaven for me.
                    IMO White Tulip is by far the best episode of the series. The scene where Alistair Peck (Peter Weller) decides to die with his wife rather than save her due to Walter's advice was heartbreaking.

Here's the scene (can't embed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80T5iL9nPA

FUCK Lost in the ASS. At least Lindelof couldn't mess up Fringe. What's so sad about Lost is the potential. I watched the first season and second seasons again on Blu-ray and I was amazed at how good it was because the last few seasons left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Lost and Fringe kinda had a parallel path in which they both ended. They knew they both were going to end but the Lost writers decided to build up mysteries rather than tie them up like they did with Fringe.

My friend Devin did a write up years ago about Lost's finale and it's pretty awesome: http://www.chud.com/23805/the-devins...t-fart-ending/
                    Last edited by Pocket Dogs!; 01-22-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

While I still find the series finale narratively underwhelming, it is still superb emotionally. This scene made me cry some man tears. Seriously, as a Fringe fan, how couldn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X